Guest nbrown8568

New Laptop

Guest nbrown8568

I just got a new laptop that I got from school with Financial Aid. It will not load Em 4, but it will play Em 3. With my other computer it lags but there is no lag in Em 3. I am hoping it will be the same for Em 4. Here is the DX file. I can find no Log file.

Norm,

DxDiag.txt

To be honest, Gaming on a laptop is kind of rubbish. Hard to play with just your finger and too small of a screen to fully experience it. You constantly have to be looking down to play it or if your laying down, But that makes me uncomfortable after a while. Anyways :1046276160_schildbacktotopic:

I just got a new laptop that I got from school with Financial Aid. It will not load Em 4, but it will play Em 3. With my other computer it lags but there is no lag in Em 3. I am hoping it will be the same for Em 4. Here is the DX file. I can find no Log file.

Norm,

wat exactly do u mean by "it won't load"? Like it won't install?? or after u install it when u try and play it, it won't load?

Guest nbrown8568

wat exactly do u mean by "it won't load"? Like it won't install?? or after u install it when u try and play it, it won't load?

It is already installed. On other PC's I've experienced it loading and then crashing, but this is not doing that, I just wait and wait, but nothing happens. I even go to task manager to see if has stopped responding, but it is not even there.

Norm,

Guest nbrown8568

Probabbly get more help in the tech help section and with a logfile. Dxdiag only gives us information about the computer, not whats wrong with the game.

I will look at those post and see if I can find a fix.

Thanx Norm,

I ran it as Administrator, and it gave me the Digital River activation screen. It told me I had activated it too many times. I knew I should have ordered the hard coppy.

I will look at those post and see if I can find a fix.

Thanx Norm,

I ran it as Administrator, and it gave me the Digital River activation screen. It told me I had activated it too many times. I knew I should have ordered the hard coppy.

hey yea I am having the same problem. Give digital river a call at this #1-800-1310-2850. tell them that you have to many activations and see if they can help. Your gonna need your order # i think. I am still waiting on a new code and I called last week but they said it should be in by today. smile.gif

Dell Latitude D630 2.2Ghz 2GB 120GB WiFi DVD-RW NVIDIA 399.000 refurbished Little Help Please Also thinking about buying a laptop would this be a good one thanks...

Help with what? As for a new laptop, that depends, whats your budget? I could recommend a $5,000 laptop but if your not looking to spend that much, no point. What will be its main uses? If its just word processing you can go cheap, if you need a high end gaming laptop then you need soemthing expensive. Is that a good one? No, for one simple fact, its refurbished. That should almost always be a deal killer. Refurbished means it was broken, sent back to the factory, fixed and put back on the shelf to prevent the company from loosing as much money. Will it break again? Maybe..maybe not, but when it comes to high end electronics, or even something not as high end, the last thing I want to do is buy a refurbished product. Even if it wasnt a refurb, its impossible to say if its good or not based one the fact all you said was 2.2 GHz CPU. It could be 2.2 GHz intel or amd, 2.2 GHz single core, dual core, quad core, or even hex-core. For that price I would guess Core i3 or Core i5 or AMD Athalon but hard to say. Also, in laptops more so then desktops, go for ATI not Nvidia. Nvidia chipsets die out with in about a year or two and there just plain crappy.

You might consider starting a new topic rather then hijacking some one else topic that has nothing to do with what your asking.

Guest nbrown8568

Thanx Guys,

I've never really had a problem. On my other laptop it played better than my desktop. Xplorer was a great help in giving me a link to the correct driver. :holdglass: My new laptop when I play EM 3, it's fast and I can't keep up, so I am guessing and hoping that EM 4 will play just as well. So I will play EM 3 until Digital River opens EM 4 or I will just buy the hard copy.

Norm,

Cant keep up as in to many events? If so you can check the tutorials section and adjust freeplay params. Not sure if it works in EM3, but I imagine it does.

Also, laptops = shit. If you want to play games, get a desktop PC built specially for gamers, not a WORK laptop...

Cant argue with you there. Desktops will always be better for gaming.

Help with what? As for a new laptop, that depends, whats your budget? I could recommend a $5,000 laptop but if your not looking to spend that much, no point. What will be its main uses? If its just word processing you can go cheap, if you need a high end gaming laptop then you need soemthing expensive. Is that a good one? No, for one simple fact, its refurbished. That should almost always be a deal killer. Refurbished means it was broken, sent back to the factory, fixed and put back on the shelf to prevent the company from loosing as much money. Will it break again? Maybe..maybe not, but when it comes to high end electronics, or even something not as high end, the last thing I want to do is buy a refurbished product. Even if it wasnt a refurb, its impossible to say if its good or not based one the fact all you said was 2.2 GHz CPU. It could be 2.2 GHz intel or amd, 2.2 GHz single core, dual core, quad core, or even hex-core. For that price I would guess Core i3 or Core i5 or AMD Athalon but hard to say. Also, in laptops more so then desktops, go for ATI not Nvidia. Nvidia chipsets die out with in about a year or two and there just plain crappy.

You might consider starting a new topic rather then hijacking some one else topic that has nothing to do with what your asking.

I got the message thanks for the info and Help. In the future I will not try to high jack any one topic sorry about that still need to earn more.