focuz

Swedish firetruck!

I have to admit, I actually like that truck but wow those FFs look goofy as heel with out a helmet on lol.

If you mean the firefighter that going in with the hose line? He got an helmet but under... :)

Very cool fire trucks...

Not crazy about the single firefighter going in alone with the hose line.

Still very good video.

I am studying to be an firefighter and in sweden we are working simply and fast, not like in USA :)

Nice looking firetrucks :)

2 things surprised me in the video, why did the firefighter on the balcony not wear any gloves? I thought they did that while fighting fires?

The two trucks that can be seen at 1:10, why do they wait some time before proceeding to the fire? Are they just there in case they are needed or why?

2 things surprised me in the video, why did the firefighter on the balcony not wear any gloves? I thought they did that while fighting fires?

The two trucks that can be seen at 1:10, why do they wait some time before proceeding to the fire? Are they just there in case they are needed or why?

The gloves where hanging from his belt/ pocket. And my guess is that the trucks were waiting for pd to shut down that intersection.

The gloves where hanging from his belt/ pocket. And my guess is that the trucks were waiting for pd to shut down that intersection.

Wrong man ;) The ff without gloves, he had just took them when they started do ventilate de apartment, and the firetrucks that are waitinh is what we called in sweden"brytpunkt" they are standing there and waiting to drive to the scene in case of backup! :)

Sorry for my bad english!

IT was only a small apartment fire and they are waiting to backup the first on the scene if they need, but they didnt need that in the beginning because its only was a small fire.

Its called "brytpunkt" in sweden, dont know how to say it in english...

Brytpunkt= Geographical location to which emergency unit is routed in the pending action. Responsible for establishing breakpoint has emergency services, if possible in collaboration with medical and police.

Tack så mycket för förklaringen! :) visste vad det var på svenska men kunde inte förklara på engelska!:)

Thank you for explaing ^^

To be honest, I really don't like those kinds of trucks where everything is behind a door. I like USA and North American trucks the most, the only other ones I like is ones used in Bermuda, and a few types of Europe trucks, specifically London and Dublin Fire Brigade.

No problem focuz :)

Njboy13; They are better than the american trucks in my option, they have both rescue tools and extinguish equipment in one car instead of one pumper or one heavy rescue truck. And they're nearly as fast as a normal car.

But i respect your choise too :D The american trucks do look very good!

Njboy13; They are better than the american trucks in my option, they have both rescue tools and extinguish equipment in one car instead of one pumper or one heavy rescue truck.

Thats not completely true. Just because LA has Jaws on there USAR and Heavy Rescue(Heavy Rescue is the big fire crane) but not on there engines trucks/tillers does not mean it hold true for the rest of the US. NY for example has extrication tools on there ladders if memory serves me right, in addition to Rescue 1. Inside city limits here we have two rescues that carry extrication tools but there both stationed minuets apartment in downtown. So we also have a Quint on the east side of town which carries extrication tools. However, there are 5 different departments that cover the rest of the county outside city limits(more rural areas). 3 of those departments have atleast one set of extrication tools on there engines.

So dont judge US trucks based on one department. ;)

And they're nearly as fast as a normal car.

I respect your opinion too, but in addition to what Xplorer said, it's not like fire trucks should or will be going top speed somewhere. North American fire apparatus can go at highway speeds, but highways is the only a time a fire truck should be that fast.

No problem focuz :)

Njboy13; They are better than the american trucks in my option, they have both rescue tools and extinguish equipment in one car instead of one pumper or one heavy rescue truck. And they're nearly as fast as a normal car.

But i respect your choise too :D The american trucks do look very good!

Where im from the engine carries hose and extraction equipment, it more of a rescue engine. That truck looks pretty cool, like the lights. What size hoses do they use? It looks small.

Thats not completely true. Just because LA has Jaws on there USAR and Heavy Rescue(Heavy Rescue is the big fire crane) but not on there engines trucks/tillers does not mean it hold true for the rest of the US. NY for example has extrication tools on there ladders if memory serves me right, in addition to Rescue 1. Inside city limits here we have two rescues that carry extrication tools but there both stationed minuets apartment in downtown. So we also have a Quint on the east side of town which carries extrication tools. However, there are 5 different departments that cover the rest of the county outside city limits(more rural areas). 3 of those departments have atleast one set of extrication tools on there engines.

So dont judge US trucks based on one department. ;)

Well i live in europe so it's hard for me to know :holdglass: Thanks for the explanation. But it's more common with trucks without rescue tools right?

Where im from the engine carries hose and extraction equipment, it more of a rescue engine. That truck looks pretty cool, like the lights. What size hoses do they use? It looks small.

I think they use different sizes of hoses. The small one doesnt take so much place and it's good in apartments etc.

To be honest, I really don't like those kinds of trucks where everything is behind a door. I like USA and North American trucks the most, the only other ones I like is ones used in Bermuda, and a few types of Europe trucks, specifically London and Dublin Fire Brigade.

Everything is behind door to avoid stealing and keep tools clean ;)

I don't know the size but thats small to get high pressure from end of the hose, and tight spray, so you don't need much water to extinguish a apartment fire etc.

Well i live in europe so it's hard for me to know :holdglass: Thanks for the explanation. But it's more common with trucks without rescue tools right?

Based on the whole US I have no idea. Im guessing departments that cover more rural areas, and volunteer fire companies are more likley to carry jaws on the engine because they never know how long it will be before the next truck is on scene. In more urban(city) environments it seems like a lot of departments use a rescue truck of some sort.

Based on the whole US I have no idea. Im guessing departments that cover more rural areas, and volunteer fire companies are more likley to carry jaws on the engine because they never know how long it will be before the next truck is on scene. In more urban(city) environments it seems like a lot of departments use a rescue truck of some sort.

Sounds quite possible. Thx for the asweer.