Dyson

Manhattan Modification General Topic

I'm sorry to hear about this. I was really looking forward to playing this mod. It really looked great. Unfortunately I was one of the ones having difficulty getting it going. Looks like well all just have to wait for further updates to the NYC Mod.

Going forward I really wish people could learn from the creators of the NYC Mod. Here's a mod that was released as more of a surprise, there was no anticipation, nagging for release dates, no preasure for release and all and all a solid mod without any critical bugs was released. And once it was released any information on future updates to the mod have been held close to the chest. As a result the NYC forum has been quite quiet and there has been very little nagging. I really think this is the smart way of doing things. Although its nice to see how a mod is coming along I think releasing such info only puts more stress on the modding team from the forum community. My thoughts are not meant to be a criticism of the Mannhattan Mod team but if they are taken as such please take them to be nothing more but constructive.

I'm sorry to hear about this. I was really looking forward to playing this mod. It really looked great. Unfortunately I was one of the ones having difficulty getting it going. Looks like well all just have to wait for further updates to the NYC Mod.

Going forward I really wish people could learn from the creators of the NYC Mod. Here's a mod that was released as more of a surprise, there was no anticipation, nagging for release dates, no preasure for release and all and all a solid mod without any critical bugs was released. And once it was released any information on future updates to the mod have been held close to the chest. As a result the NYC forum has been quite quiet and there has been very little nagging. I really think this is the smart way of doing things. Although its nice to see how a mod is coming along I think releasing such info only puts more stress on the modding team from the forum community. My thoughts are not meant to be a criticism of the Mannhattan Mod team but if they are taken as such please take them to be nothing more but constructive.

Not taken as criticism, but it's not as simple as that. You have to remember, I wouldn't have had a team with Rafael had I not made my work public, for the 90% of modders that work keeping their work private is just not viable, I had to advertise for a lighter and for other help, aswell as getting public opinion for lots of things. I'm not lucky enough to just be mates with a full mod team in NFK Hoppah and MikeyPI.

Plus you're looking at mods the wrong way, it's not as much about the final product as it is the journey to the final product. Showing off work you're proud of to a community that likes that sort of thing. We've done all we can and can't really do anything about people's opinions that's pretty much the bottom line. But to suggest people work in secret is not the way forward, it's just the way the NYC mod worked, it was nice yeah, a good surprise but not a viable option for most people.

x

I don't mean to bash your mod, because I really like it. Just..on mine there are way to many people walking around..like they jam the streets and I can't get vehicles off the map, or out of stations after only like 15min.. :/

Is there any way I can fix this my self?

Hi Dyson,

Look man, you and Rafael with your youthful energy breathed a lot of life into this forum. You guys loved this mod and it showed. You were different from the other stuffy mods who begrudingly showed their stuff. You guys happily showed your stuff, and the community responded. That's why you guys have 304 pages on your mod page.

This mod is just getting going. Stick around man. See this through. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that this is the best current mod for this game. I played this game again today and loved it. It's great. But without you guys and your support, it will just fall by the wayside. That's not the right thing. Take some time off and come back and finish what you started. It's only right man.

Just want to say to you guys, Well done. There's so much in this mod to be proud of, If you just released the map alone, I'd have been blown away, But a fully working mod (I've come across the odd bug, But not game breaking) was just amazing.

Goodluck in future projects, Be them out in that strange place.. Think it's called real life? Idk, and in anything you decide to do regarding games development :)

Dyson,

this is a great mod, I like it very much, the first great mod of New York.

It is awesome to read your opinions, but I hope so that eventually comes an update for the mod sometime soon.

Although I can understand your reasons.

Yours sincerly

Sebastian

Dyson,

It is unfortunate that you decided to quit the mod. When I downloaded the previous version of the mod, I was slightly shocked, how did you recreate most famous district of NYC, Manhattan. In this game really is the atmosphere and it feels. The sounds of the city, the police command, buildings. Yes, the buildings make a big impression, even without the "camera hack." Of course, sometimes a bit harder when you suddenly go through the walls of skyscrapers. :))) Do not forget the warning lights and sirens selection.

You probably ask, what with all those errors, which was buzzing from the community? In addition to the helicopter incident played quite nicely. After the second run of the mod, so pedestrians do not routinely come to the street. I do not thrown out to the desktop. Maybe a little annoyed at first grasping policemen standing with call an ambulance. Do not know why so many ambulances suddenly appeared. :))) Giant traffic jams in the streets did not notice. Naturally, the mod is still some things that need to be improved, but without them the fun is. A newer version of the mod is also stable in spite of appearances. But I play on the previous, because it has no horrible traffic jams. Cars blocking the intersections. Buses, while turning. The new thing with this is broken.

Make me laugh, people who write about the fact that the mod is not playable. If you have garbage in the system, or in the folder with the game, what to expect? For those aware of the capabilities of your hardware and OS, your mod is great, and only their statements should be taken seriously. Rather than upset the stupid answers. You did a great job.

Hi guys !

I reallly want to play with The Manhattan Modification mod but when i hit freeplay hit ok to load it and right when it finishes loading it goes to a black screen and then to windows... however, i can play th missions with FDNY rigs !!!

Anyone has a solution to this problem ???

Thanks

:happy:

Hi guys !

I reallly want to play with The Manhattan Modification mod but when i hit freeplay hit ok to load it and right when it finishes loading it goes to a black screen and then to windows... however, i can play th missions with FDNY rigs !!!

Anyone has a solution to this problem ???

Thanks

:happy:

We still have no idea on this front, our only guess is it's due to variations in people's PCs ability, we're working on making a w00ds compatible map that will work with no issues, but yeah for now dude I'd just suggest waiting on that or trying on a new PC, no other solutions sorry.

New video to be posted later, my explanation is on facebook http://www.emergency-planet.com/ManhattanModification

No other news to report for now.

x

it works for me but i have one issue while playing after 1 or 2 hours it crashes i try running in low but not much help im not complaining just saying what my problem is

I have the same issue. I am very confused. I thought that this mod was DOA. I'm reading that there is another version possibly coming out. What gives?

I have the same issue. I am very confused. I thought that this mod was DOA. I'm reading that there is another version possibly coming out. What gives?

Never said there will be a new version, and yeah like I said we can't cover the full spectrum of PCs unfortunately, some people have literally no issues (myself and raf included) some people get a crash after 2 hours, some people can't even play, for issues that widespread there isn't really one simple solution.

The most we will be offering anytime in the near future is a patch update, but it will mainly fix bugs and offer a map alternative rather than anything substantial.

x

p.s. to everyone having traffic issues a very useful gameplay insight will be up shorty, I played for around 2 hours (recorded an hour or so) without any traffic issues , what so ever, you just need to use the tools we have given you to drive around efficiently.

Never said there will be a new version, and yeah like I said we can't cover the full spectrum of PCs unfortunately, some people have literally no issues (myself and raf included) some people get a crash after 2 hours, some people can't even play, for issues that widespread there isn't really one simple solution.

The most we will be offering anytime in the near future is a patch update, but it will mainly fix bugs and offer a map alternative rather than anything substantial.

x

p.s. to everyone having traffic issues a very useful gameplay insight will be up shorty, I played for around 2 hours (recorded an hour or so) without any traffic issues , what so ever, you just need to use the tools we have given you to drive around efficiently.

the thing that annoys me most now dont takte this the wrong way cause I love this mod is that the firestation control panels are LA when you move over them sorry also just found NYPD TAXI

anyway to remove the excess files in the next release? keep the size down?

First up there wont be another version as stated. And secondly nope, what we released was literally the smallest we could shrink it to. The fast textures for the buildings from GTA mainly to blame and the amount of units and models in game required a large number of textures and models.

x

Just to let you know that I did make the north part of park where the Helo crash is I got it to go both ways so now when I call for help from off the map it comes thru the north Park Road. I still play the Mod......

Hi, I want to make a couple of announces regarding to our Manhattan mod clan and game:

1. Our manhattan mod clan/ multiplayer group is back up due to some issues we had. To join us our Ts is up and running 24/7.

Server IP: www.lovheim.net You must speak english and if no admins are on ts then contact one of the members there stated with a green M logo or An S ( admin).

2. Rafael will be back sometime this month after finishing his school year. HE will INDEED PATCH THE GAME. Yes, patching the game for those who are having an issue with their game.

3. Well that being said if there are any questions or comments lay it below and I'll respond to it asap.

Well this mod certainly has a lot of potential. It's kind of a shame that it's just gonna die out, but it is what it is, and I guess we'll have to look to some of the other NYC based mods to carry the torch. I can play for over an hour, and then I get the crash to desktop. If I had any skills, I would fix that. I'd also fix some of the buildings where you cant get upstairs to rescue the victims or put the fire out. Also a few of the buildings have fires that the ladders dont reach, even though they appear to be at ladder height. There are a few other things as well.

I feel bad for Dyson and Rafael. They obviously put a lot of hard work into this map and their mod. For some reason many people weren't able to enjoy it. I have played and enjoyed it, not to the level of the LA Mod, because I get a crash after about an hour or so. This map seems to eat up my memory. I can tell when the crash is coming because the automatic sirens stop working.

It feels to me as if this game is dying. Not this mod, but this whole game. That's sad to me because this series has been a part of my life for years. I have played every installment except for 2012, and have been playing EM4 for years. I have enjoyed the LA Mod, and often play this game after a shift at the firehouse.

To speak freely, this is an unfinished mod. It seems like the guys just lost interest. I get it. They're young, and there certainly is a lot more out there than modding, and this game. We certainly understand. To me, this project was the reason to keep playing this series, so this could be the end of an era for me, especially since there really aren't any other good PC based FD games out there. The original NY Mod is still being developed, and Brooklyn is still in play, but who knows if those will ever come out. Perhaps someone else will pick up the torch and complete this mod and revive this community. In my opinion, this series won't be complete without a good, comprehensive FDNY mod. There are certainly other cities out there that would be fun to play, but in the firefighting world, FDNY is king. That's why guys like me are still checking the NY mod after 4 years. Hopefully, someone else who has some serious skills and some free time feels the same way. Time will tell I guess.....

Well this mod certainly has a lot of potential. It's kind of a shame that it's just gonna die out, but it is what it is, and I guess we'll have to look to some of the other NYC based mods to carry the torch. I can play for over an hour, and then I get the crash to desktop. If I had any skills, I would fix that. I'd also fix some of the buildings where you cant get upstairs to rescue the victims or put the fire out. Also a few of the buildings have fires that the ladders dont reach, even though they appear to be at ladder height. There are a few other things as well.

I feel bad for Dyson and Rafael. They obviously put a lot of hard work into this map and their mod. For some reason many people weren't able to enjoy it. I have played and enjoyed it, not to the level of the LA Mod, because I get a crash after about an hour or so. This map seems to eat up my memory. I can tell when the crash is coming because the automatic sirens stop working.

It feels to me as if this game is dying. Not this mod, but this whole game. That's sad to me because this series has been a part of my life for years. I have played every installment except for 2012, and have been playing EM4 for years. I have enjoyed the LA Mod, and often play this game after a shift at the firehouse.

To speak freely, this is an unfinished mod. It seems like the guys just lost interest. I get it. They're young, and there certainly is a lot more out there than modding, and this game. We certainly understand. To me, this project was the reason to keep playing this series, so this could be the end of an era for me, especially since there really aren't any other good PC based FD games out there. The original NY Mod is still being developed, and Brooklyn is still in play, but who knows if those will ever come out. Perhaps someone else will pick up the torch and complete this mod and revive this community. In my opinion, this series won't be complete without a good, comprehensive FDNY mod. There are certainly other cities out there that would be fun to play, but in the firefighting world, FDNY is king. That's why guys like me are still checking the NY mod after 4 years. Hopefully, someone else who has some serious skills and some free time feels the same way. Time will tell I guess.....

I don't think you've read what i posted...

I still have the torch and I am still running, I just needed to catch my breath guys. Today was my last day of school so now Ive got 3 months of free time ahead of me.

MY GOALS are too

Patch the current version

Make a lower poly version (same vehicles etc different map) possibly the original map

Fix up all your problems

Im back, well I never really left.

I still have the torch and I am still running, I just needed to catch my breath guys. Today was my last day of school so now Ive got 3 months of free time ahead of me.

MY GOALS are too

Patch the current version

Make a lower poly version (same vehicles etc different map) possibly the original map

Fix up all your problems

Im back, well I never really left.

welcome back :holdglass: