Guest medic534

Need help with crash error

Guest medic534

Ok I have been playing Emergency since the very first one came out and I haven't been able to play at all for the past 4 months because of a new update I did on my computer. I updated from Windows Vista to Windows 7. My system crashes after loading LA Mod and Freeplay. I updated all my drivers, tried compatablility mode and changed the "1" to a "0" in the config file.

Can someone please help me. How do I find the cause of the crash? I cannot survive much longer without playing.

Guest medic534

Thank you very much, that seemed to fix my major problem but created a smaller one. Now my screen size is really small when I start the game. Any suggestions on that part..

Guest medic534

They are currently set at 1024x768 and the file won't let me save the changes. My current display is a 17" dell laptop with 1400x900 resolution. When I changed the resolution in the game it just make the game smaller or larger depending. My problem is the game display area is very small. What would cause that problem. In previous the game filled my entire screen, now I have about 2-3 inches of black around the game display.

I have even tried changing my screen resolution to match the 1024x768 prior to starting the game and it does not affect the size of the display.

I assume you mean you have black bars on the side of the screen? Stans correct you need to edit the cfg file. If you cant save it, I assume you have Windows 7 because I never heard of the black bar issue on EM4 w/ Vista. I suggest you google "how to disable UAC." Then edit and save the cfg file.