USman

Is this a good system?

I hardly know anything about computer specs so I was wondering if this is a good system. The specs are:

ACER Aspire 5534

AMD athlon 64x2 processor

ATI Radeon HD 3200 graphics up 1919 hypermemory

4 GB mem

250 gb HDD Acer Nplify 802.11 b/g/Draft-N

just wondering if my laptop will be any good it also has a dvd drive and nice sized screen

Thanks, USman :prop:

Well i dont bother keeping up with mobile hardware to much but i can tell you thats a pretty low end cpu, video card might be low end to. Thats the problem with laptops you make major sacrifices in the performance department to have mobility. It may suit your needs depending on what your going to do. The only aspect of EM4 that needs a really good computer is map making seeing as the textures are 300MB+ images before going in to the game. Although the more power the better by all means.

Whats your budget and what are your needs?

Well i dont bother keeping up with mobile hardware to much but i can tell you thats a pretty low end cpu, video card might be low end to. Thats the problem with laptops you make major sacrifices in the performance department to have mobility. It may suit your needs depending on what your going to do. The only aspect of EM4 that needs a really good computer is map making seeing as the textures are 300MB+ images before going in to the game. Although the more power the better by all means.

Whats your budget and what are your needs?

my purpose is to get off of our old modem that has windows xp and that cant get read dvds. I will use google sketch up and put on a few games and use it for homework, My budget is extreamly low. I have already bought this laptop and it gets the job done! I just wanted to know if it was any good. one thing I dont like is i cant run em4 on high graphics without tons of lag, low graphics there is no lag.

Thanks for a response, USman :prop:

my purpose is to get off of our old modem that has windows xp and that cant get read dvds. I will use google sketch up and put on a few games and use it for homework, My budget is extreamly low. I have already bought this laptop and it gets the job done! I just wanted to know if it was any good. one thing I dont like is i cant run em4 on high graphics without tons of lag, low graphics there is no lag.

Thanks for a response, USman :prop:

Well its not a high end system but as long as it gets the job done, thats whats important. For what its worth in terms of low end cpus, AMD makes a better cpu then intel, but the higher end intel cpus cant be topped.