Xplorer4x4

Ambulance Feedback

Billyfromhill and I recently have had a long discussion regarding apparatus currently and formerly used by the LAFD. One thing that was brought to my attention is the ambulances of the LA Mod.

To quote Mikesphotos:

The White over Red currently serves as a reserve ambulance but with the constant wear and tear of equipment, a number of these reserve units see constant duty in the front line, mostly in the BLS capacity as they have more miles on them. As more and more of the newer Rescues are purchased and outfitted, they will become less and less common. Built on the Ford E-350 chassis during the 1990s, they are equipped with all halogen lighting, standard Motorola siren, full length lightbar mounted on the front and rear of the box, and a distinctive Hi/Lo two-to airhorn. One key distinguishing feature is the large CITY in script on the sides.

The 2 front line apertures still used both use the same paint scheme:

082909-HalbrentIC-203

However, the newer RAs going on to service differ only in that they use LED Lighting.

LAFD FS88

I am considering removing the white over red style but I myself cant be asked to look at an ambulances unit number to tell if it is BLS or ALS. So I would like some feedback on the possibilities here.

Option 1:

We can keep the white over red seen HERE and keep the red ambulances as ALS.

Option 2:

Use the red ambulances for both ALS and BLS while removing the Hi viz striping of the rear like this. This means you will need to see the rear of the ambulance to see if it is BLS or ALS.

Options3:

Use the new rescue ambulances as ALS. The newer RAs have a substantial different grill then the older rescue ambulances, and also note the all LED lighting package, and different siren speakers. The older rescue ambulances will be demoted to BLS service. This means FS1 would be staffed by 3 of the new RAs while FS2 would be staffed by 1 of the old rescue ambulances that are currently in the mod.

If you have any suggestions on the matter feel free to post them.

No. I find Command Centers to be absolutely pointless in game. Sure in real life they serve a purpose when you have FFs working some huge brush fire over a large stretch where you may be at it for a day or two, but in game where fires are out pretty quick in freeplay we already have a battalion chief or 2 if your playing my submod, I see no reason for them.

and hold on to the red over white for a command centre for the FD/EMS:)??

No, LAFD uses custom freightliners as command vehicles.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mikesphotos_us/3387107181/

Well.. I like the new ambulances but I still never use 1 as actually BLS, I always put a paramedic in the BLS because otherwise it would take a time to get from FS1 to the region of FS2.

Isn't that what the paramedic engine is for?

Than I don't understand why there will be an ALS and BLS engine in the game... Ah well, it works good so I don't mind

What billy is getting at is, thats why you have an ALS Engine at FS2. If some one is seriously injured in station 2s district, you can send the ALS Engine and use one of the medics to treat the person untill your ALS Ambulance arives, or until there healthy enough for BLS Transport depending on how realistic you want to play.

Billyfromhill and I recently have had a long discussion regarding apparatus currently and formerly used by the LAFD. One thing that was brought to my attention is the ambulances of the LA Mod.

To quote Mikesphotos:

The 2 front line apertures still used both use the same paint scheme:

http://www.flickr.co..._us/3972487369/

However, the newer RAs going on to service differ only in that they use LED Lighting.

http://www.flickr.co..._us/3537035941/

I am considering removing the white over red style but I myself cant be asked to look at an ambulances unit number to tell if it is BLS or ALS. So I would like some feedback on the possibilities here.

Option 1:

We can keep the white over red seen HERE and keep the red ambulances as ALS.

Option 2:

Use the red ambulances for both ALS and BLS while removing the Hi viz striping of the rear like this. This means you will need to see the rear of the ambulance to see if it is BLS or ALS.

Options3:

Use the new rescue ambulances as ALS. The newer RAs have a substantial different grill then the older rescue ambulances, and also note the all LED lighting package, and different siren speakers. The older rescue ambulances will be demoted to BLS service. This means FS1 would be staffed by 3 of the new RAs while FS2 would be staffed by 1 of the old rescue ambulances that are currently in the mod.

If you have any suggestions on the matter feel free to post them.

I agree I like his idea because I like the led bar so that is all I am going to say.:)

Hoghead47

i agree with 3 but maybe leave the others as a additional ambulance just in case u dont want the mcu or vans

Vans? If you want more ambulances so you dont need the MCU, you can easily change the default amount of units you own in one of the XML files.

Options 3 it is.

I have 88 mostly done its not exactly perfect but I was able to reskin the LED Ambulance from the LED Submod. Its not as good as i would like but if any one wants to try to reskin the grill and headlights itself. The models flat enough that it doesnt need adjustment for the new grill to be skinned on, feel free to give it a shot.

03102010-LAFD-FS88-FireOut-003a

LAFD FS88

My main problem was to make the head lights wrap around the side.