soulbody

Android Developing

I want to create a application for Android, and do not no how many users here has android but i want to know from those users what apps to would like to see.

Just to get some ideas and try if i'm able to.

For those suggestes i don't want to hear something as a game called emergency because i'm not know with programming a game.

Something which can help you with the game like a news app or recommended mod from the day widget could be more able.

Please share your suggestes might be something interested for me.

What is android:

Android is a open source system for mobile devices. developers can create there tools and share them with the android community using the Market app.

*Don't expect any app when you suggest it i'm new to android and even programming it's self is still hard to me. I just want to try it*

*For those who are interested, i'm owner of a HTC Hero with a custom 2.1 rom*

I have a Motorola Backflip running Android 1.5(Cupcake). Love it!! Screw the iPhone, but anyways, I suppose an app for mods would be nice. Something along the lines of notifying us when an update is posted for a mod. This would be great for the NY Mod as we only get an update, roughly one a month, and in between the updates, come some good questions, but mostly just a bunch of crap we could do with out reading.

Guest Francis

I have a Motorola Backflip running Android 1.5(Cupcake). Love it!! Screw the iPhone, but anyways, I suppose an app for mods would be nice. Something along the lines of notifying us when an update is posted for a mod. This would be great for the NY Mod as we only get an update, roughly one a month, and in between the updates, come some good questions, but mostly just a bunch of crap we could do with out reading.

I can make a script for that, a desktop script that would check an RSS feed and then check if the poster is a developer, if so, then show the reply. Would you want that instead of an Android application?

I can make a script for that, a desktop script that would check an RSS feed and then check if the poster is a developer, if so, then show the reply. Would you want that instead of an Android application?

Yes, that woul be a lot better for me any ways.

Thanks for the offer, but I will pass, but its a good idea none the less. I dunno if I would use the app for android if there was one, but its still a good idea imo.

Nexus One users here...

I think i will do a manual for the game, as well for all mods there are (and there submods)

Yeah, but you got to think of the practical use of it. Why use a manual on your phone when you can pull it up on the computer.

Would be neat to have a mini emergency game... Like a very primitive thing to call fire to a scene to ambulances.

I've played around with VERY basic scripting for it. Kind of fun.

Nexus One users here...

Yeah, but you got to think of the practical use of it. Why use a manual on your phone when you can pull it up on the computer.

Would be neat to have a mini emergency game... Like a very primitive thing to call fire to a scene to ambulances.

I've played around with VERY basic scripting for it. Kind of fun.

games are to hard for me to makes either as pc application, and first want to try things which are developers supporting and after i'm able to do that i want to go on stand-only software.

I know you said games are hard but maybe a basic dispatch simulator would be possible. Just soemthing text based.

Along the lines of having multiple calls and you have to send resources there in a certain allocated time for each incident?

there is no kind a way to do that for me right now. not even the simples based games are able for me now, even text based games need graphics and don't no anything about animation and stuff. and please don't suggest anything that again suggest ways to make a game i'm just not able now and if you think it try it yourself first (not meaned to be rudesorrysign.gif)