Guest acesarge

total system Crash in missions in LA mod

Guest acesarge

When ever I try to play a mission or free mode in LA mod my computer crashes. The screen turns black, flashes parts of my desktop and stops responding. Sometimes I see an error message that says "ATI drivers have stopped responding" when this happens. I have already tried updating to the latest drivers, no luck. My video card in an ATI HD 5770 and I am using windows 7 64 bit.

Hmm, well for what its worth I am pretty sure the problem is the video card. Now I havent heard any one else on the forums using any 5000 series ATI cards, so it may be that these cards are simply to new. I know on my 4890 the 10.1 drivers were buggy with EM4. 10.3 drivers work fine though. My guess is EM4 doesnt like the drivers. Id play around with different driver versions and see what you come up with.

Guest acesarge

Hmm, well for what its worth I am pretty sure the problem is the video card. Now I havent heard any one else on the forums using any 5000 series ATI cards, so it may be that these cards are simply to new. I know on my 4890 the 10.1 drivers were buggy with EM4. 10.3 drivers work fine though. My guess is EM4 doesnt like the drivers. Id play around with different driver versions and see what you come up with.

That is what I have been doing. Some drivers take longer to crash then others but they all still crash.

That is what I have been doing. Some drivers take longer to crash then others but they all still crash.

Are you sure the problem isn't with your anti-virus software/firewall? Try playing the game with those disabled (don't leave your internet connection open when you disable your anti-virus and/or firewall!!!).

Guest acesarge

Are you sure the problem isn't with your anti-virus software/firewall? Try playing the game with those disabled (don't leave your internet connection open when you disable your anti-virus and/or firewall!!!).

I am 99.99% sure that isn't the problem. The fire wall wouldn't effect it since I am only playing single player and I have tired it on a different computer with the same video card and it crashed.