Guest ghhg

Want to combine 2 mods

:welcome: to the forums.

You could combine them but you would have to combine all the freeplay files and edit the scripts for the mods, so I think it would be difficult to do unless you knew what you were doing.

i only want the cars and the persons.

ghhg

hey all

i got some problems

1: i put the mods thogether now i want to buy them in freeplay and they dont show up how do i fix this?

2: the units from the other mod (the first one and that is the la mod) dont enter the vehicles.

thanks in advance.

hey all

i got some problems

1: i put the mods thogether now i want to buy them in freeplay and they dont show up how do i fix this?

2: the units from the other mod (the first one and that is the la mod) dont enter the vehicles.

thanks in advance.

1 Edit the vehicles.xml file in the specs folder by copiing the text of one of the vehicles and change the Unit_ID, the vehicles prototype and other variables (price, speed, crew, passengers etc) to your liking.

2 Adjust the enter car script so that units can enter the prototypes of the cars they belong in.

BTW I merged your topics, that way people can read back and see what you already did.

hey all

i got some problems

thanks in advance.

i would like to be the first how tells you, that you are roally screwed.

(sorry to say it).

But in order to get the NL mod and the LA mod in 1 one little LA/NL mod or something.

You need a lot of time, work, and skill.

For one, you need to make sure none of the unit.xml files use the same unit ID tag.

That non of the prototypes have the same name.

That non of the scripts overwrite one another.

That the scripts don't conflict with one another.

You must eddit all the siren scripts to get all cars with some sort of siren.

You will need to eddit all the files in witch the models appear(freeplay, portraits, freeplaybase, text base files).

After that you would need change in the editor all the units to see if all the equipment is there and use able.

test all the scripts, test all your mod input.

And only after that, you can try to play it.

SO sorry to be so hard, but good luck with it.

it worked i think.... but when i wanna start freeplay it loads and before it is done it crashes to desktop

So that would mean it did not work, now did it.

my gues is is(because the maker of LA mod Script wise.)laid the base for most mods, some scripts are conflicting, or units are conflicting.

So i would seek hail in the scripts(c++) to find an error.

or go trough the xml files to see if something is ammok there.

(as i said, its a shitload of work. so i wish you the best of luck with it)