FireFighterEmt4Life

Zmodeler Help

Hello, I have gone through all of the topics, done numerous searches. But have not found anything. Im looking for a simple step by step tutorial on how to edit lights in Zmodeler, I would like to remove the lightbar off of one car, and put it on another.

Problem. When i go into Zmodeler, and go to edit the vehicle, i have tried deleting the lightbar, but the only thing that deletes is the whole car! i dont understand how to select one certain part. I would also like to work on making the rescue into a spartan rescue, but i havent found a simple tutorial on editing the truck either! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Tyler

*Sighs* there is a Zmodeler2 tutorial here by Hoppah. Very easy to follow and how many on here learned to model (including me *thumbs up*)

To delete the lightbar only, go into Polygon Mode and delete the polygons that make up the lightbar. Then go into vertex mode and use Create - Polygon - Single to add new polys, then move them with Edit - Move. I can add pictures if needed.

You also said you wanted to add it to another? Import both vehicles then go to Polygon Mode and go to Select - Single and right-click on the polys you want. Then go into Selected Mode (space) and go to Create - Copy and move it to where you want it using Object Mode and deselect all polys (shift + d) and exit Selected Mode. Then you probably need to flip the polys of the copied part so go to Modify - Flip (still in Object Mode) and click on the lightbar once. That should do it.

Tutorial is perfect! Thanks!

Having problems still, when you said first of to select a single polygon, and right click on what i want, i right click on the lightbar, but the whole car is highlighted...

Make sure you're in Polygon Mode (select it at the top), the go to Select - Single, left click once on the model to show polys, then right click the ones you want.

After i select the lightbar polygons, i hit space, and hit copy, but when i went into object... nothing was selected.

Ah oops forgot to tell a step. After you select them, go to Modify - Submesh - Detach and make sure the options 'To new object' and 'Enable Drag' are checked. Left click on the selected polys and then do everything else. When you have the lightbar in the right position, go to Modify - Attach and click on the lightbar then on the object you want it attached to.

Yes, you need the registered version of Zmodeler2 and then Export the model as a .v3o file. It's a good idea to have the .z3d anyway, so you can still edit it if you don't want the Registered version, because I think with the unregistered one you can only Export, not Import.