Guest ff.emt.paulsen

Can You help with script?

Guest ff.emt.paulsen

Hey, I was going through adding and changing a few things and I had an idea. My father and I are firefighters with TEMS cert (tactical Emergency Medical Service) and we wanted to add one or 2 SWAT team members to the large RA, and make it a TEMS Ambulance. If you can help please reply.

This should be in the LA MOD, Alterations. Search for related topics, I know there are a few about this. Then just read from there.

So you basally want to add swat officers to the large rescue ambulance (From the additional units submod)?

Yes, I believe that's what he's saying.

@ff.emt.paulsen: Do yo have additional units downloaded? I don't have it because I have project reality lights, and we all know that screws everything up...

Guest ff.emt.paulsen

Yes I'm from Colorado and in Colorado Springs we have a large ambulance that is a trauma squad that is TEMS. I just want to add 2 SWAT members to this large RA from the additional submod

Yes, I believe that's what he's saying.

@ff.emt.paulsen: Do yo have additional units downloaded? I don't have it because I have project reality lights, and we all know that screws everything up...

I only have the submod for additional units

You will need to edit the unit.xml for the vehicle and add this

<unit id="LAPD_SWAT" />

below

<unit id="FF_PARAMEDIC_STRETCHER">
<defaultcount value="2" />

You will also need to change this line

<space value="3" />

to 5 so you will be able to have 2 SWAT officers in the ambulance.

Guest ff.emt.paulsen
That will work, but as I said once the officers get out, they won't be able to get back in.

There may be another file you can edit to get round this....

Thank you guys so much I was looking through and couldn't find the topics with the other TEMS, I know I have seen it before. And also is it able to be downloaded?

Guest ff.emt.paulsen
What do you want to download?

I have seen someone who reskinned an ambulance as a LAPD TEMS and I was wondering if it can be downloaded or if it was for a private mod....

That will work, but as I said once the officers get out, they won't be able to get back in.

There may be another file you can edit to get round this....

Yes, because of the Enter Car command script. Here's an edited version in the attachment. I didn't test it, but I think it should work.

1. Do the things explained by randomperson139

2. Download and unzip the package

3. Move entercar.script to the following folder

...\Mods\Los Angeles Mod v2.0\Scripts\Game\Command\

4. Overwrite the old file

5. Done

What did I do to script:

Persons with the commands "Get MP5" or "Fire MP5" should be able to enter RTW and ITW type vehicles now (lines 172 and 187).

entercar.zip