Hi everyone,

I was wondering if in the editor if it is possible to switch a lightbar on a vehicle (like snipers models) because I want to change the lightbar on the LAPD car to an Arjent because thats what they use now. Thanks.

Shane

Yes, this is possible.

You need to delete the old lightbar with Zmodeler2 OR make it invisible using alpha-layers in the texture (we call it alpha-modding).

Then you can add a new lightbar with Zmodeler2 and export the model to a new file OR you can use a seperate lightbar model (like Sniper's lightbars), make a prototype file for it and use the lightbar on vehicles as Childs. This is easier of you want to put it on more than 1 vehicle. :)

Most of these things can be cleared up using my tutorials.

Yes, this is possible.

You need to delete the old lightbar with Zmodeler2 OR make it invisible using alpha-layers in the texture (we call it alpha-modding).

Then you can add a new lightbar with Zmodeler2 and export the model to a new file OR you can use a seperate lightbar model (like Sniper's lightbars), make a prototype file for it and use the lightbar on vehicles as Childs. This is easier of you want to put it on more than 1 vehicle. :)

Most of these things can be cleared up using my tutorials.

THats the only thing, My parents don't want to have to pay for a registered version. Is there any other way?

Go into the models folder, find the V30 file for the unit who's light bar you want changed. Make sure the dds file for the light bar you want is in the models folder too. Then just open the V30 file and where you see the name of the current light bar, change it to the light bar you want. Thats the only way I know how to do it without Z Modeler.

Example:

cv_lapad_body.V30

Thats where you'd change the light bar.

Go into the models folder, find the V30 file for the unit who's light bar you want changed. Make sure the dds file for the light bar you want is in the models folder too. Then just open the V30 file and where you see the name of the current light bar, change it to the light bar you want. Thats the only way I know how to do it without Z Modeler.

Example:

cv_lapad_body.V30

Thats where you'd change the light bar.

Nope, he ment delette a lightbar from a model and that can only be done in zmodeler :)

Guest ComputerCop
THats the only thing, My parents don't want to have to pay for a registered version. Is there any other way?

Uh..isn't the free version of ZModeler2 not limited as far as functionality goes? :huh:

Free copy of ZModeler WILL NOT restrict you with neither the time limiting nor tools functionality.

Uh..isn't the free version of ZModeler2 not limited as far as functionality goes? :huh:

Unless he has the model already in the correct format for Z Modeler then no. You can't import files with the free version. You can only load Z Modeler files.

Guest ComputerCop
Unless he has the model already in the correct format for Z Modeler then no. You can't import files with the free version. You can only load Z Modeler files.

Ahhh just saw that part on the website now :laugh::rolleyes:

That's dumb though, I remember I used to do some stuff with ZMod2, and there was a previous version that wasn't limited at all. :stupid:

Ok, do you think maybe one of you guys could possibly do it for me then? I love the Federal Signal Arjent and Sniper made one in his lightbar package, and aparently i cant do it myself so if someone could do it i would be soooo appreciative.

Shane

Guest Utrechtterror
Try to export a v3o with an unregistred version and you'll see

Lol I think we're both talking about something different? :unsure:

What I mean is exporting a .z3d > .v3o (got unregistred, worked for me lol)

Guest chevyrulzs2010
Lol what I mean is when I got a .z3d file and I want to save it as .v3o. I press export and then export it as a .v3o

im confused so could u save it as a z3d and use a converter to make it a v3o file ugg my head hurts v3o dds z3d whats the difference

v3o is the model file which can be used for emergency. I got the unregistred version of zmodeler, so i can't import v3o and edit it. But I can load .z3d an edit it. And then save it as v3o

How do you open the z3d file when you cant import or export files!!!

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHH I am so confused.

Hey Emergency4Freak, plan on releasing the CVPI with Arjent lightbar? if you can get it done? i would like to see what that looks like...

Hey Hoppah,

was wondering if you were planning on releasing a new version of the CVPI with the Arjent lightbars? or your not getting involved in the time it takes to do so?

justing pondering.... :sporty:

Hey Emergency4Freak, plan on releasing the CVPI with Arjent lightbar? if you can get it done? i would like to see what that looks like...

Hey Hoppah,

was wondering if you were planning on releasing a new version of the CVPI with the Arjent lightbars? or your not getting involved in the time it takes to do so?

justing pondering.... :sporty:

I created this topic to see if someone could either make me one, or add one to a game. I wish I knew how to make one. I want one really bad