Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
  • Announcements

• MikeyPI

ATTN: Mod Creators:   01/23/2016

Please update the FIRST post of your topic to include important information about your mods and their progress. Since you follow your topics and respond to them (hopefully anyway) you know what people most commonly want to/need to know about your mod and it's current state/progress. If your information will not fit within the first post of the topic, please contact a staff member and we will make it so that you own the second/third (as-needed) posts are yours as well. Having the most important information in the first posts of the topic will hopefully reduce the repetitive questions asked by having the most important information related to a mod within the first post.
    • randomperson139

Signatures   03/04/2016

Hi everyone. It appears that the update to the new forum has affected the format of the majority of signatures (adding extra spaces, changing sizes etc.). Due to this, could everyone please check their own signature, ensuring that it complies with the site rules. See the http://www.emergency-planet.com/tos.html/ or http://www.emergency-planet.com/topic/16848-acceptable-signature-sizes/ for more information.  We'll give it a few weeks to give enough time to edit signatures, after that the unnecessarily large signatures will simply be removed. Thanks for your cooperation. Regards, EMP Staff.
Ben12

Dutch Mod 3.0 Release and Future of American Mod

Hey Chad,

Without seeing your update yet, Ben12 thinks you're joining in is great! He tried to get in touch with you last night, but the site was down. The site is back on air again and received a facelift. Maybe you could reach out to him as well. As soon as I've seen your video I'll contact you through a PM. Afterwards I would like to receive your personal e-mail address so communicating would go much faster. But I'll tell you all about it.

Cheers!!  

🥂

Robert. 😉

I appreciate the enthusiasm, but I don't see myself getting involved in this as a full-time or as part of any team/group effort other than updating the lights to real world specs, closely as possible.  I understand that it is nice to see any form of breeze blowing to push this mod's sail any further than where it is right now, so that's why I want to help out for the community to enjoy this game a bit more, but I'm afraid I add little value to this mod. I'm fine with the forum's private message system, we can keep our communication through there. 

I've done a very short video showing some of the units that I've updated. Keep in mind, I am not satisfied with it's current build, the lights & patterns you see in the video are rough drafts. Once after i overcome the learning curve, the environmental lighting, patterns and light coronas will be more polished and redefined. 

Hey Chad,

I just watched your footage and it looks great. There is only one thing I would like you to make aware of. Around the Ambulance you've made a "blue glance" turning around the ambulance. You should consider that to have that removed, since that glance in real life is only to be created with "real blue turning lights" - Our Dutch emergency vehicles used to have them but now they all have blue "flashing lights". So, the ambulance should only spread the same blue glance of the flashing lights just as you did with the police vehicles.

BTW, I understand your reluctance for joining our group, but it's not that scary or pushing as you probably might think it is. If it's alright with you, I'd like to get back to you on that in a PM. The only problem now, is that the site is apparently under construction so PM is not working yet properly. Please give me some time.

Cheers!!

Robert.

15 hours ago, C.F.D said:

I appreciate the enthusiasm, but I don't see myself getting involved in this as a full-time or as part of any team/group effort other than updating the lights to real world specs, closely as possible.  I understand that it is nice to see any form of breeze blowing to push this mod's sail any further than where it is right now, so that's why I want to help out for the community to enjoy this game a bit more, but I'm afraid I add little value to this mod. I'm fine with the forum's private message system, we can keep our communication through there. 

I've done a very short video showing some of the units that I've updated. Keep in mind, I am not satisfied with it's current build, the lights & patterns you see in the video are rough drafts. Once after i overcome the learning curve, the environmental lighting, patterns and light coronas will be more polished and redefined. 

Looks great! If you'd like, you can send me the relevant files and I can include them with the standard mod (you will, of course, be credited!) as I am currently working on patching problems and solving issues with the current version when it interacts with the new version of the game. It can easily be put in then. 

I'm glad to see some interest here.