kaligus

High Quality Police Sim Game

High Quality Police Sim Game  

42 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of a game like this (read the topic please)?

• I would like to support, maybe helping Devs in Crowd-Funding
    • I would like to support only playing and spreading the word
    • I don't want to support it, but I will play
    • I did not like the idea...

Hello all,

My name is Alexandre, I am an old user from this foruns (since 2009 when I created this user, but just for reading, not really posting, heheh)...

I own a small game studio in my country, called Odin Game Studio, and we will release our first mobile game this month or the next one. I'm a game developer with great experience developing games and now its my time to show a game that I always dreamed.

I would like to know, very much, what do you guys think about having a high quality police sim game (GTA style)?

I am a very addictive player of "police-like" games, playing the first police games (PoliceQuest, anyone?), all Swat series from Sierra, Emergency series and so on... and this time, me and my team will be developing the next police sim game, using today's graphics and sandbox gameplay style.

But before this, we are making a deep search about what players, that really plays this kind of games, think about it...

What I can anticipate to you is (some features):

- it will be a police game, you will be a police officer and act like one (but not like in that Polizei game (english version: Police Force), in my opinion, was a bad one).

- you will have dinamics elements, like found in the GTA series (a city, NPCs with great IA answers, many actions, etc)

- a very unique sandbox style game (I will not spoil anything now)

- many things to do as police officer in a modern scenery and events.

So, what do you think about it?

If possible, I really would like to know if the moderators could answer this too, specially Hoppah, I played a lot his mod :)

The mission of this post and search is to know if we can really achieve at least some thousands of players interested on this game type/style. We will make a Crowd-Funding campaign and we would like to know who is willing to support us.

In advance, I can tell you we already have a tech demo in-house and we have the know-how to make this game. We are planning to get this done until the end of the year, with all community following the development.

Also, please, do you guys know anywhere else that I can make this kind of search and questions?

Thank you all in advance.

Our website and visual identity just changed, so, I dont have too much to show you about my game studio, but we will soon.

We have already a Facebook page and soon we will have Twitter.

Cheers

EDIT:

Also, to clarify more:

- I will show pictures and videos when the time comes... for now its just a search of what you guys like to play;

- I am not asking for money or anything like that, I just want to know if you guys like the idea of the game;

- One way to help us is to know more people that like this game type and ask the same question.... if we know that many people like this game type, we will have a better idea about how to develop...

Hey man, thanks... Actually, we cannot send any video yet, because our tech-demo only have NPCs that will not be in the game, so, we dont want to "corrupt" our game, hehe.

About the models, thank you, we will for sure search for good artists and people that can really help us!

We are checking budget, time to develop and many other things about my game studio, after all, we need to pay our bills, hehe

So, +1 to support us :)

Nice, I forgot about that mod-game... I will make the same post on their foruns...

And yes, we plan to make something like that (but not really the same, you know). Anyway, all features will be revelead as soon as we get the project started.

Thanks guys...

Nice that you talked about this, "TheCadetForce"... so far, we dont want just to say what country, because we are studying it...

But probably it is going to be a mix of some countries...

We are in contact with REAL police officers from Brazil and thats one of the realitys we will put in the game... but I cannot say for sure yet what really is...

And, I cannot make a Poll in here (dont know why), so, if possible, if some of you can go to the LCPDFR foruns and vote in there, I appreciate it :)

Hey cops, I have a chat with RedHawk at MSN yesterday, he highlly recomended you hehehe...

Yeah, the idea for just a vote on some idea is harder to get something from people...

But as I told do RedHawk, it is hard to show something, because we don't have screenshots to show, only early graphics for the city and some generic 3D characters (if you want to see some code, I can show to everyone, hehhe)... we have only a tech-demo with some AI NPCs, AI Cars and some State Machines for the civilians... we are not investing our time now because this is not an active project yet for our game studio... first we want to gather this info/survey so we can have a minimum idea of what to expect.

:)

If you really want to know what people want in a game that's promising this much? The ability to play, to interact, to fiddle essentially. If you have a solid 'narrative' so to speak (as simple as "You are a cop...", with good gameplay people will play it. If you have the oppurtunity to fiddle around, people will play it again and again. This is why mods such as the LA Mod are so popular - you can use the cones, the barriers, the flares, the directional lights, the hazard lights etc. to change what you're doing. Throw in changing light patterns, siren tones etc. and most people on this forum will bite your arm off :D I understand how challenging making games is (not though direct experience addmittedly) so I wish you the best of luck.

That's my two pence anyway :)

The OC-D

Thanks guys!

@theocd

Yeah, we are checking all these points you said. You will be able to do many things a cop usually do, we are also in contact with real police officers. Of course this cannot be a very true real simulation (otherwise, many players will spend most of the time writing papers to their superiors, hehe), so, somethings we must just change a little bit to become more funny and nice to play

Sound cool, I would definaletly prefer a US police based just because I work a lot in the field and what I'm used to.

It would be cool to have a few different setting like causal or realistic.

Realistic you would have to write basic reports for calls and tickets. There would be simple calls like reports, etc. ranging to shootings, etc.

Casual you would just be able to go call to call with no 'real' work in between. All calls would be more intense with few simple calls.

If you need a cOntact in us law enforcment hit me up.

Well, thats maybe an idea. Make the game moddable? So we can create our own reskins/models like new police cars and officers and think so on. Would be awesome if that's possibile i think that everyone else here wants that too?

Well, thats maybe an idea. Make the game moddable? So we can create our own reskins/models like new police cars and officers and think so on. Would be awesome if that's possibile i think that everyone else here wants that too?

I would support that 100%. So many games have been made way better by user created mods.

There are many games that would easilbly could be bettered by mods, but the developer locked/compressed the files.

Thanks for the suggestions, guys

@erfd

The game will simulate a police officer life, I mean, you will have your place to live (changing somethings inside, like a better bed, etc), you will have your day shift and your day off. All this mixing with real life police officers. We are in touch with some police officers here, maybe even the government, but we will sure want some feedback from external officers :) I'm really fan of police officers, they should be the guys who earns most in the country (together with fireman and medics)

@RedHawk

Mod will depend mostly in our budget hehehe... I mean, if we can manage to get great models with the license exclusive to us, then we can make some mod options, because all the models right is ours. If not, then we have to lock it with the game, because we dont have exclusive rights. It is about time and how many budget we will have... and spreading the game word will help us to get a better budget...

In the LCPD foruns I made a poll, if people here could go there and vote, I appreciate... here I can't make a poll, dont know why...

Thanks

The thing with these kinda things is, one comes around once a month, so people don't tend to show a huge interest (me included) until there's clear signs of development ;)

Btw to poll, edit you first post in 'full editor' and you should see 'manage topic poll' ;)

Good Luck

Dyson

x