szron

Dispatcher panel

Hi!

Sometime ago I got an I idea. Since LA MOD uses a lot of "scripted" calling for units, like police backup command and Fire Chief/EMS Capitan commands, I thought that making a "dispather" who will call units using script (without lurking the map for free unit and then sending them) is a good idea.

Well... this explaination is bad so I will use a example.

1. You have few LAPD patrol cars on patrol and fully staffed fire stations.

2. You recieve a call about a attempted homicide.

What are you doing now:

3a. Look for free LAPD car and send it to the scene.

4a. Look for free ambulance or go to fire station to select a ambulance.

What is my "idea"

3a. Click group button 1 (for example) and select Dispacth Police command (works this same as normal Police Backup command) and select Dispatch ALS Ambulance (this same as EMS Capitan "Call ALS Ambulance" command)

You save time.

You can add realism by creating additional radio sounds (something like "Dispatch to any available unit, we need ALS Ambulance at this location").

If your fire station is empty you can enjoy fire station alarm for every fire without need to empty the fire station later (every time you will call Engine, designated number of firefighters will staff engine and go, with alarm sound and light).

This is just a idea. I don't have any scripting skills but I tried to make a Dispatcher Panel. Using model of Fire Station Control panel I created a new unit/object. I added required commands but when I click it on the map commands (and this green seletion ring) doesn't appear.

Any idea on that?

Maybe ShaneGreen will include this to next version of his great submod (which is awesome itself).

Right now I will leave this as open matter.

And maybe someone will be able to help me and I will make it myself.

Btw. Who recorded those radio speech that is now in LAMOD?

And is here any female to record female dispatcher voice? :grinsevil:

Aren't there a few similar projects like this that are going no where?

Voice Acting also takes a little work.

Btw. Who recorded those radio speech that is now in LAMOD?

:/ I think a couple of people. It was mentioned very recently in I *think* one of 4x4's threads, but I can't remember which.

And is here any female to record female dispatcher voice? :grinsevil:

Slightly sexist, no?

:/ I think a couple of people. It was mentioned very recently in I *think* one of 4x4's threads, but I can't remember which.

I dont think it was my thread, but who knows. TROOPER05 is the only one that I recall but theres a list of credits at the end of the pdf guide that comes with the LA Mod.

Ah... come on... !!!

You know what I mean. You ever listened to american police radio? 80% of dispatchers are female. :mellow:

Police? I occasionally here a male for State Police and for AMR but other then that its all female, and even one old lady, but i cant recall which branch she works for but judging by the voice I would guess she was like 60. She sounds like a little old grandma lol.

Guest mutualaidsupplies

Someone else had the idea of having a control panel to call the type of emergency you want WHEN you want it instead of it being automatic. Not sure where that thread went but I thought it was a good idea.

Sometimes I just want to drive around the city without the burden of answering a emergency call, while other times I want my city to be busier then the script calls for {I know you can edit the frequency of the calls in the script but I rather be in control of the type of call and/or how many calls I have at any given moment}

create your own disaster control panel and do away with the automatic call scripting.

Someone else had the idea of having a control panel to call the type of emergency you want WHEN you want it instead of it being automatic. Not sure where that thread went but I thought it was a good idea.

Sometimes I just want to drive around the city without the burden of answering a emergency call, while other times I want my city to be busier then the script calls for {I know you can edit the frequency of the calls in the script but I rather be in control of the type of call and/or how many calls I have at any given moment}

create your own disaster control panel and do away with the automatic call scripting.

The England Mod has a feature where you can make a couple of events happen when you want. You could speak to Bennie900 or someone in the team and see if they will show you how they did it and maybe then add more to it.

Guest nbrown8568

I asked about this a while back, but I got no replies. Check out my Game Manual Thread My link

I think that there is also something like that in the Winterberg Mod.

In the Winterberg mod, you have all fire units under button 1, ambulances under 2, police under 3, emergency doctors under 4, and various other things in the other.

The Florian Hamburg mod has the same system, just slightly different in regards to which units are called.

Guest mutualaidsupplies

I asked about this a while back, but I got no replies. Check out my Game Manual Thread My link

I think that there is also something like that in the Winterberg Mod.

Well I am not sure who moved my comments to this thread, because my idea is different. What I want to see is free play that has NO automatic calls being announced. What I want to see is a panel that you can create your own emergency call when you want it. Example. If I want to just sit and patrol the city without the worry of running a call for 15 minutes, I can. If I want 3 shooting to happen at once, I click a "shooting call" button from my dispatch panel to create the call. Creating your own call at your own timing with a dispatch panel allows the user to play the game as he or she wishes without having to go into the html backbone of the program.

Well I am not sure who moved my comments to this thread, because my idea is different. What I want to see is free play that has NO automatic calls being announced. What I want to see is a panel that you can create your own emergency call when you want it. Example. If I want to just sit and patrol the city without the worry of running a call for 15 minutes, I can. If I want 3 shooting to happen at once, I click a "shooting call" button from my dispatch panel to create the call. Creating your own call at your own timing with a dispatch panel allows the user to play the game as he or she wishes without having to go into the html backbone of the program.

Ah, well there is something like that for the Winterberg Mod, you have to edit some files though. However it's very limited. You take the button which in the regular mod is used to turn the snow on and off, under menu 5 I think, and "link" a specific incident/scenario to it in stead. You can trigger it when you want, but you can only have one type of event "linked", if you want to change it you have to edit the files. At least I think that's how it is.