O'Neill

Can't get rid of 1.8 in mod list

Which folder?

I don't really care. Having a few mods one that list doesn't bother me at all, I just ignore them. :)

Well fepends on the mod you want removed. If its LA Mo 1.8, delete the 1.8 folder. If its Winterbug, delete that folder etc. If you still have problems, run ccleaner. May be a left over registry key causing problems.

I haven't had this issue before when I uninstalled 1.7. Anyway, it's no big deal. Just annoying but I can deal with it.

When you take a look at your \911: First Responders\Mods\ folder, is there anything left of v1.8 or any older versions of the LA Mod?

Guest pmadden94
Then it might be a registry key, although that is kinda weird, because when I delete a mod folder it doesn't appear in the list anymore. In case you are familiar with regedit, can you try to search for a registry key?

Well Hoppah. for those here who DO NOT know what a registry key is, I shall explain:

The Windows Registry is a database that stores configuration settings and options on Windows operating systems.

It contains settings for low-level operating system components as well as the applications running on the platform:

the kernel, device drivers, services, SAM, user interface and third party applications all make use of the Registry.

The registry contains two basic elements: keys and values.

Registry Keys are similar to folders - in addition to values, each key can contain subkeys, which may contain further subkeys, and so on.

Keys are referenced with a syntax similar to Windows' path names, using backslashes to indicate levels of hierarchy.

E.g. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows refers to the subkey "Windows" of the subkey "Microsoft" of the subkey "Software" of the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE key.

There are six Root Keys:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT

HKEY_CURRENT_USER

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE

HKEY_USERS

HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG

HKEY_DYN_DATA

Registry Values are name/data pairs stored within keys. Values are referenced separately from keys. Value names can contain backslashes but doing so makes them difficult to distinguish from their key paths. The Windows API functions that query and manipulate registry values take value names separately from the key path and/or handle that identifies the parent key.

The terminology is somewhat misleading, as the values are similar to an associative array, where standard terminology would refer to the name part of the value as a "key". The terms are a holdout from the 16-bit registry in Windows 3, in which keys could not contain arbitrary name/data pairs, but rather contained only one unnamed value (which had to be a string). In this sense, the entire registry was like an associative array where the keys (in both the registry sense and dictionary sense) formed a hierarchy, and the values were all strings. When the 32-bit registry was created, so was the additional capability of creating multiple named values per key, and the meanings of the names were somewhat distorted.[2]

Hope this clears things up a bit..

Basically: a registry key is stored information on your computer. When you un-installed the old mod, it may have left some files behind.

Guest pmadden94
Well, the thing is there are so many registry keys I can't even tell which one is the one I need to delete. Delete the wrong one and something can get screwed up.

Yeah, you could

f***
up your entire system. Be carefull. use ccleaner

Guest pmadden94
Even Ccleaner can make mistakes. If you can't use regedit, use Ccleaner and just check the list of found registrykeys and see if there is anything related to 911:FR.

True

But very rarely makes mistakes

Even Ccleaner can make mistakes. If you can't use regedit, use Ccleaner and just check the list of found registrykeys and see if there is anything related to 911:FR.

Haven't found anything related to 911:FR. If I were to use ccleaner's registry fix and something was messed up, how do I restore those registries with the saved backup?

Haven't found anything related to 911:FR. If I were to use ccleaner's registry fix and something was messed up, how do I restore those registries with the saved backup?

Double click on the backup file, and all removed keys will return I think. :)

Guest pmadden94

They generally will restore with any problems.

But, as I said earlier (which nobody seemed to care I took the time to type)

The Windows Registry is a database that stores configuration settings and options on Windows operating systems.

It contains settings for low-level operating system components as well as the applications running on the platform:

the kernel, device drivers, services, SAM, user interface and third party applications all make use of the Registry.

The registry contains two basic elements: keys and values.

Registry Keys are similar to folders - in addition to values, each key can contain subkeys, which may contain further subkeys, and so on.

Keys are referenced with a syntax similar to Windows' path names, using backslashes to indicate levels of hierarchy.......

it went on longer but i think you get the idea.

If ccleaner for some reason deleted something other than the files for v1.8, if it deleted something that makes your system run, there could be a major problem.

Guest emergency captain

go into ur start menu, click on all programs, open ''sixteen tons entertainment'' and click emergency 4, then mod installer. the mod will be on the list. click it and hit un install or remove