EldoradoMan

Need help with missing child mission (EM3)

One of the children can be found near a camp site kind of thing. There are armed gunmen though. The other child can be found under a tree somewehere.

That's weird, I found the first one you mention, but there's no option to do anything with him after the baddies are dealt with, and I found the second one you mention, so not sure why I am getting the message "mission failed."

Is there something special I am missing with the first one? After you get the bad guys what did you do to resolve the 1st encounter? I talked with people in the area and sent them for medical if they need it.

do you treat the parents too?

The parents? In the first house only, if that's what you mean, that's the first thing I do then send them off to the hospital. The mission failed message I get says because the children died.

I am not sure how the children are dying when it looks like I completed all aspects of the mission.

And you transport them all off the map?

Good question, I went to the completed tasks pulldown, it says "All injured and dead people transported"(Also, my victims tab at bottom left says 0 for the victim count left in the play area), the only one of them that is red and incomplete is to rescue the two children.

I have talked to the first child, he says "me no speak English" and I have tried most of my available units and there are no dialogue options. Arresting does nothing, I can't place them in a vehicle so not sure what I am missing on these two kids.

I used 3 SAR rescue dogs and had them comb the two areas, they found nothing.

You have to put the child in a police vehicle and take them off the map. The other child is injured and he/she has to be taken in an ambulance.

By arresting them? I can't get the child in a vehicle at all, that's what I am missing. How did you get the child to get into a police car? I tried Arrest, release, transport person in vehicle, nothing works so far. I had a feeling it was one little thing like that was keeping me from mission complete.