Guest ModMaker2009

Events

Guest pmadden94

For me, I get demonstrations and hostages all the time...but the rabi dog does not seem to happen often. As posted earlier, you can change how often it happens, but I would not recommend having the dog thing occur to often. It's really annoying, and when I first got that call, I only sent in one patrol car with one officer, and the dog killed my officer...so then i sent in a K-9 unit, and the rabi dog killed my K-9 and the officer...so then i was pissed and sent in 5 patrol cars and a swat team, and killed him...

long story short:

you dont want dead dog bodies accumulating on you map..becuase it will take about 5 minutes for the body to vanish.

For me, I get demonstrations and hostages all the time...but the rabi dog does not seem to happen often. As posted earlier, you can change how often it happens, but I would not recommend having the dog thing occur to often. It's really annoying, and when I first got that call, I only sent in one patrol car with one officer, and the dog killed my officer...so then i sent in a K-9 unit, and the rabi dog killed my K-9 and the officer...so then i was pissed and sent in 5 patrol cars and a swat team, and killed him...

long story short:

you dont want dead dog bodies accumulating on you map..becuase it will take about 5 minutes for the body to vanish.

The rabid dog event does not happen alot because dogs are only present in the park. During testing I also noticed the amount of demonstrations and hostage situations, while I did not really change the .xml files. I did add more of these events to the map, so apparently the xml files are not the only factors.

@ ModMaker2009:

You mentioned 'Pursuit' and 'Car theft' event, don't you mean the same event? Or did you mean the shoplifting event instead of pursuit? What's your difference between the homicide and murder events?

Guest pmadden94
while I did not really change the .xml files. I did add more of these events to the map, so apparently the xml files are not the only factors.

Well yeah.

Its math.

If you make 20 of one type of event

and the xml is set to a 1% probability in ten minutes,

thats...oh god..i hate math.

anyway: if you originally had 10 of one event, and you added ten more, then the probability will get screwed up. So instead of having it set to 1 or 2 %, your going to have to start setting it at .4 or .5% to get the event the same as before