CaptainNegatory

Trouble With Lighting And Pivot Points

Well,

Finally, I got past the backgrounds to set as a sketch, now I'm having a problem with setting a pivot and making my doors and wheels "Rotable"? Is that how you make rotate plural,lol? So, I followed the tutorial step-by-step and when I rotate my door it goes the wrong way and ends up in the middle of the object. I'm thinking it has something to do with how I set the pivot point and how I make the object rotate. Already I tried setting the doors pivot, and putting it near the frame, where the hinges would be, and for the wheel I just put it in the center of the tire. I'm thinking when I reset to parent object or something thats when the rotation goes bad. Hoppah's tutorial doesn't have an image of the exact process so can somebody else show me or link me a tutorial?

Thanks Again,

C. Negatory

Don't use the rotate tool, use Exact Transform. It all has to do with the options pressed and in what view; if you're in the top view, rotating the yaw 90ยบ, for example, is different than rotating it the same in front view. As long as your child model is in the right position (so if the body's coordinates are 0 90 0 then it should be the same). You don't even put in child objects until the editor. Moving pivots isn't hard, you set Move to "Move Pivot Only" and then put your cursor over the model and move it to where it needs to be using the different views/move options (X, Y, Z at the top).

Besides that, it doesn't matter if it goes inside your model as long as it's the right way in comparison the 'body'; just disable the body model in the Scene Nodes Browser and then move the child. Not that hard lol.

BTW, it's "Rotatable".

Okay so your saying, I'm just supposed to rotate the body 90 degrees to the body? That Is Difficult, I'm not sure if theres a perfect way to do it, I use my eye but is there a way to just set the door 90 degrees of the body so that I know it is set properly, and when finished it's not all uneven? Then set the doors hinge on the body of the model, set the objects pivot point and just reset to the world? Last question, do you cut the door seperate from the model and THEN make tires?

Appreciate Your Support,

C. Negatory

P.S. You can expect my siren package for Chicago in 3-5 days!