Guest tymad

Using triggers to change a set of lights

Hi all

with regards to traffic lights i am have a problem with setting up north/south east/west setup after but to no avail i have checked out the forum already & done what has been suggested before but no joy.

Any way i was wondering is there a way to setup a single or double set of lights using a trigger??? reason im thinking is to have a set of lights at a junction with a triggered event so it would work like a filter lane

i was just wondering if possible like you can do a triggered gate to open???

i have been toying around with it but cant seem to get it right??

any suggestions most welcome

regards ty

Hi all

with regards to traffic lights i am have a problem with setting up north/south east/west setup after but to no avail i have checked out the forum already & done what has been suggested before but no joy.

Any way i was wondering is there a way to setup a single or double set of lights using a trigger??? reason im thinking is to have a set of lights at a junction with a triggered event so it would work like a filter lane

i was just wondering if possible like you can do a triggered gate to open???

i have been toying around with it but cant seem to get it right??

any suggestions most welcome

regards ty

I don't quite get what you want to be doing here, could you make a drawing or something to help me understand?

I don't quite get what you want to be doing here, could you make a drawing or something to help me understand?

what im trying to get at is is there a way to activate by a trigger object a traffic light instead of setting up a traffic light sequence

i was thinking to setup like this pic where light A traffic would trigger (activate) light B

post-2911-1262176853.jpg

post-2911-1262176865.jpg

or as another example at a railroad crossing having a set of lights at the crossing instead of a barrier with the train setting off the trigger for the lights to stop traffic

what im trying to get at is is there a way to activate by a trigger object a traffic light instead of setting up a traffic light sequence

i was thinking to setup like this pic where light A traffic would trigger (activate) light B

or as another example at a railroad crossing having a set of lights at the crossing instead of a barrier with the train setting off the trigger for the lights to stop traffic

It should be possible, but I can imagine it would take some scripting to get it to work. I'm not very familiar with that so I'm afraid I can't help you out on this one.

It should be possible, but I can imagine it would take some scripting to get it to work. I'm not very familiar with that so I'm afraid I can't help you out on this one.

no worries thanks for the reply