Guest CSchuman

CHP SMPV/Slicktop

I dont think thats there code 3 pattern, atleast I would hope not. I dont know if theres a term or code for that but I think thats when there working a minor traffic accident, for example, and dont want to be overly flashy/distracting.

There are 6 slides total to view all of the patterns.

There are 3 different response modes, Forward Red, Forward Red with lower wig wags, and full Code 3 response

Remember, in California, all that is needed to initiate a traffic stop or respond emergency is a single forward facing red lamp. This gives the officer great discretion over how much or how little lighting he needs.

There are also 3 different rear only patterns, Rear Blue/Amber, Forward cutoff, and Amber only. Once again, this lets the officer decide how much he feels he needs for rear warning. Does he need to be ID'd as Law enforcement? Does he need the max visibility to the rear, or is a simple amber to the rear more then enough? It's the officer's choice depending on the situation.

Also the bar has a fully functional traffic advisor with an LRCO button for left, right, and center out, as well as takedown lights.

CHP has always felt less is better, and will often just have hazard lights on and nothing else when parked on the shoulder. Numerous studies have shown that drunks and others become fixated on the blinking lights, the more lights, the worse the fixation. This set up allows officers to best tailor their warning lights to the situation.

I've got pics and videos of all of the new cars and lights, just havent been bothered to work on them, and probably won't till feb.

Thanks Mike, thats pretty much what I was getting at to some extent. I dont think you would see CHP blasting through traffic using these type of patterns, but your the expert so please correct me if I am wrong. I would think you would want to be far more visible then that when responding in heavy traffic. Plus I was trying to connect this to the mod. As you know in the mod we dont have the choice of all those patterns. Its code 3 with TA, or the TA. In the case of the TA, its pretty much just the TA in all the light set ups aside from maybe one light on each side of the TA. So this really wouldnt be to accurate in terms of keeping the mod real since we dont have the ability for different patterns.

Guest CSchuman

Yes... I want to be build a variety of CHP Cars. i think the SLicktop would be easy, since we could use the stuff from the unmarked cars, but as far as getting the different flash pattens, I want to be able to set a pattern for when you are in Park on a T stop, or working a TC. just the Forward Facing Red & a solid, steady blue, w/ rear lights going.

Thanks,

CS