lrr144

modding help software

Well, you would first need EM4 of course. :)

Then:

EM4 Editor (which comes standard)

Zmodeler2

Any good image editing program (Paint.NET, Photoshop, etc.)

Notepad (should come standard with your computer)

DDS Converter 2

That should get you through most modding. As for doing it, there are a multitude of tutorials on this forum and then for the programs that aren't covered searching around on Google would fix that.

Hope this helps.

I suggest notepad2 rather then standard notepad. It was designed with coding/scripting in mind and numbers each line for quick trouble shooting when you get a script error that references a line number. dds converter isnt needed in paint.net,photoshop(if you use the nvidia dds plug in) and I think Gimp supports DDS out of the box.

Wow that's alot of ****...

Would I need the same stuff just to make a new piece of equipment? I was wanting to make an arrow-light... Like so:

post-7292-1263691449_thumb.jpg

I wanted to make a script to have cars to go in the other lane to travel. I know this has been broughten up before, but I wanted to know how to do it.

Even if I can't make a script for the cars, I still would like to make it as a decoration on the road; for a construction site.

Could I use AutoCad to make it?-not that I could, I was wondering...

Zmodeler2 is also a 3D Modeling program. Get it (it's free but to get things for EM4 you'll need to register it for $60). Then you'll need to make a skin and UV Map the model and add it ingame. What you could do, in a mission or so, is just edit the path right in front of it so cars cross lanes.

Off topic: I thought I used stuff not... yeah

@Ami: What are some things that I need to register for?

You need to register it so you can export your models in the format that the game uses (which is .v3o) ;)

Export = Import.

An unregistered version can export, but to import you need to pay the 60$