Xplorer4x4

Complete System Freeze/Flickering

In LA mod 2.0 i have edited the 4 fire scripts, or better yet simply used the 4 scripts I had for 1.9. I also used my prototypes from 1.9. The big problem is, for no reason at all, during random events, my game completely freeze to the point I have to manually hit the reset button as my systems completely frozen.

Another problem is when i scroll around the map, it flickers. I can take a video of this if need be.

My main problem is the freezing!

Dxdiag and logfile attached. Will post fire scripts if needed. Oh and I have added virtual objects to the map.

Alright, I was just hopping it wouldnt come to that. Thanks for the help!

Another small problem: I have the SWR Truck scripted to spawn at FS1. It spawns, but it has the old white fireboat on top rather then the raft. When I drop it in the water, it suddenly turns into the raft once its in the water. When I go to pick it back up, it changes again. Any idea what could cause this? The really odd part is SWR 88 looks fine in the editor.

Alright, I was just hopping it wouldnt come to that. Thanks for the help!

Another small problem: I have the SWR Truck scripted to spawn at FS1. It spawns, but it has the old white fireboat on top rather then the raft. When I drop it in the water, it suddenly turns into the raft once its in the water. When I go to pick it back up, it changes again. Any idea what could cause this? The really odd part is SWR 88 looks fine in the editor.

The same thing happned to me. You have top edit the scripting if you are using the prototype and model files from 1.9

Well to some extent yes, because the truck is fine, its just the wrong boat on top. Im thinking i either need to script it to add the correct boat as a child on top, or script it in away like the tiller is. Problem is I honestly dont know how I would do either.

EDIT: Here is what I came up with:

ActorList l25 = Game::GetActors(VO_SWR);
for(int i=0; i < l25.GetNumActors(); i++)
{
Vector Swr = l25.GetActor(0)->GetPosition();
Vehicle m = Game::CreateVehicle(OBJ_SWR, UNNAMED);
if (m.HasCommand("DummyMotorboatCheck"))
{
m.PushActionExecuteCommand(ACTION_APPEND, "DummyMotorboat", &m, 0, false);
}
m.EnableBlueLights(false);
m.SetPosition(Swr);
m.UpdatePlacement();
m.SetMaxPassengers(4);
m.SetSpeed(12.0f);
m.PushActionExecuteCommand(ACTION_NEWLIST, DUMMY_CALLCREW, Caller, 1, false);
m.PushActionWait(ACTION_APPEND, 1.0f);
m.PushActionExecuteCommand(ACTION_APPEND, DUMMY_CALLCREW, Caller, 1, false);
m.PushActionWait(ACTION_APPEND, 1.0f);
m.PushActionExecuteCommand(ACTION_APPEND, DUMMY_CALLCREW, Caller, 9, false);
}

But its still putting the old motorboat on there. :s

I checked the entercar script which refences the swr_boat.e4p files has the dummy. I think im going to be waiting for Hoppah on this.

Funny thing is, I actually edited tried to work around itb y changing the model file for the motorboat to the raft. Turns out fine in the editor, but didnt work So i checked the child prototypes but dont see the motorboat listed.

I dont think i will need to clone the tiller script because the raft is already referenced as a dummy.

Thanks for trying though. If you have more idea feel free to post them.

Looks like a submod problem. I think it has to do with a prototype reffering to the old motorboat model instead of the new one. Anyway, if I have some time I will see if I can spawn the motorboat at the fire station too, to see what happens. The DummyMotorboatCheck command is there for the people on the boat, not for anything else.

Well I meant to change that after your last post but basically I thought i needed that to check for the raft, but obviously not. Im going to try out the standard 2.0 mod to see if that freezes to. Im wondering if its something in my video card drivers causing the freeze. Im using the latest drivers, 9.12.

EDIT: Yep LA Mod 2.0 with out any modification freezes up my entire PC, so that ruled out faulty submods. Im going to test out some older drivers for my 4890 and see what happens.

EDIT2: Checked my system logs, seems it MIGHT be related to Realtek Audio Drivers. Testing this now.

Turns out the audio driver was not the issue, but it did fix another problem I had. Anyways I think i found the problems. It was related to B's Recorder Gold or something like that. I had to delete a low level hardware filter.

Anyways, on the issue of the SWR, I have tried a few things but cant get it to work. I am guessing the boat need to be defined as a child since it is a child on the truck?

Looks like a submod problem. I think it has to do with a prototype reffering to the old motorboat model instead of the new one. Anyway, if I have some time I will see if I can spawn the motorboat at the fire station too, to see what happens. The DummyMotorboatCheck command is there for the people on the boat, not for anything else.

Have you add time to look at this? Some how this has effected the unit even when its called off the map. When it comes from off the map it has the old boat on top.

Guest Scorpy

Turns out the audio driver was not the issue, but it did fix another problem I had. Anyways I think i found the problems. It was related to B's Recorder Gold or something like that. I had to delete a low level hardware filter.

Anyways, on the issue of the SWR, I have tried a few things but cant get it to work. I am guessing the boat need to be defined as a child since it is a child on the truck?

I'm eager to hear exactly how you rectified this situation, I too had map flickering which was solved with some updated video drivers, however, I still get a full system lockup randomly. I can't say it's related to doing any particular action or when the system is particularly taxed as it seems to chug through high system resource tasks such as a massive block fires with numerous appliances each with project reality lights firing away, and then it seems in the aftermath when things are calming down, the fire is out, vehicles are sent home is when the lockup occurs. Or when hardly anything is being done at all, eg map scrolling or just randomly when looking at a tiny car accident.

The other strange thing is that it's not a full system lockup as such in that I can cont/alt/del to task manager but even though my resources will show only a moderate use of resources (22%)CPU etc, the system runs at like 1 frame per 5-10 seconds if that makes any sense, forcing a hard restart. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Been a big yet silent fan of everyones' work here for a while.

Welcome to the forums Scorpy. I am afraid I cant find a tutorial from a quick google search. I believe I found the fix on the ImgBurn forums. As I said earlier the problem is related to B's Recorder Gold. I had to delete a low level hardware filter for it.

As for the flickering, I have a Sapphire 4890,and was forced to downgrade drivers not upgrade them, to fix fix the flickering issue.

Guest Scorpy

Welcome to the forums Scorpy. I am afraid I cant find a tutorial from a quick google search. I believe I found the fix on the ImgBurn forums. As I said earlier the problem is related to B's Recorder Gold. I had to delete a low level hardware filter for it.

As for the flickering, I have a Sapphire 4890,and was forced to downgrade drivers not upgrade them, to fix fix the flickering issue.

At the risk of sounding inept I have no idea what B's recorder Gold is. I'm assuming its burn software or something to that effect which I don't have so it's unlikely to be the problem in my case I would think. As for low level hardware filters, that went straight over my head.

The flickering is gone since my driver upgrade, now it's just the completely random lockups including loop sound and frozen mouse.

I've an i7 860, 4gb ram, ati 5850, 1tb sata hdd and all that gear. Built it myself a few months back so I'm just wondering whether some of the newer hardware is playing funny buggers with the slightly older game. Either way, I'm keen to get it nutted out before NY mod is due to come on scene. It hasn't deterred me from playing LA mod, I tend to get at least an hour play at a time before it locks up, sometimes more. I was even able to see a weird bug where all traffic lights remained red. Traffic was a b***h I can tell you ;)

Weird place to do an 'about me section' so I'll avoid it here but I've noticed a couple of Aus emerg workers or enthusiasts and hence I was wondering if there was an introductory page to learn a bit about everyone. ta.