billyfromhill

Adding three AUS units to the LA Mod

I'm trying to add the LAPD Impala, the USCG boat, and the USNG ambulance ingame as extra vehicles. I "installed" the AUS to my desktop and I deleted all the extra models, prototypes, and units but I have a few questions for Hoppah about the scripts.

What do I need to add to the "patrol" script and "callpatrolcar" script so that the LAPD Impala can patrol and be called by police officers and fire department personnel? Would I need to add anything to the battalion chief script?

Will the script included with the AUS for patroling and calling work? I'm sure it would work but I don't want anything in the scripts referring to any AUS units besides the three I'm adding.

Are there any other scripts I would need to edit in order for all the commands of those three units to work properly ingame?

The reason I'm adding these three units independently of the AUS is because I don't want all the extra models (that I wouldn't use) slowing down the game.

I'm trying to add the LAPD Impala, the USCG boat, and the USNG ambulance ingame as extra vehicles. I "installed" the AUS to my desktop and I deleted all the extra models, prototypes, and units but I have a few questions for Hoppah about the scripts.

What do I need to add to the "patrol" script and "callpatrolcar" script so that the LAPD Impala can patrol and be called by police officers and fire department personnel? Would I need to add anything to the battalion chief script?

Will the script included with the AUS for patroling and calling work? I'm sure it would work but I don't want anything in the scripts referring to any AUS units besides the three I'm adding.

LAPatrol.script

The last section of the script contains the default speed of the vehicles when they return to their normal status.

Line 328, where the prototype of the LAPD Impala is mentioned.

LACallPatrolCar.script

If a Border Patrol Officer calls a patrol car and there is not patrol car available, the scripts spawns a Border Patrol Car on the border of the map. Same thing for ATF. This script is not necessary if only want the LAPD Impala, the USCG boat, and the Large Rescue Ambulance.

LABattalionChief.script

To make the 'Call ALS Ambulance' command work with the Large Rescue Ambulance changes were necessary in

line 78, the constant to the prototype of the ambulance.

line 870, the constant in line 78 refers to the code in this line.

Are there any other scripts I would need to edit in order for all the commands of those three units to work properly ingame?

Yes, you need LASiren.script for the sirens of the added vehicles.

You also need LAToHospital.script to make sure the ambulance goes on patrol after dropping off patients at the hospital. Lines 218-222

The reason I'm adding these three units independently of the AUS is because I don't want all the extra models (that I wouldn't use) slowing down the game.

Makes sense. Hope you can make it work. If you only copy the 5 scripts mentioned above in bold to the mod everything should work fine.

LAPatrol.script

The last section of the script contains the default speed of the vehicles when they return to their normal status.

Line 328, where the prototype of the LAPD Impala is mentioned.

LACallPatrolCar.script

If a Border Patrol Officer calls a patrol car and there is not patrol car available, the scripts spawns a Border Patrol Car on the border of the map. Same thing for ATF. This script is not necessary if only want the LAPD Impala, the USCG boat, and the Large Rescue Ambulance.

LABattalionChief.script

To make the 'Call ALS Ambulance' command work with the Large Rescue Ambulance changes were necessary in

line 78, the constant to the prototype of the ambulance.

line 870, the constant in line 78 refers to the code in this line.

Yes, you need LASiren.script for the sirens of the added vehicles.

You also need LAToHospital.script to make sure the ambulance goes on patrol after dropping off patients at the hospital. Lines 218-222

Makes sense. Hope you can make it work. If you only copy the 5 scripts mentioned above in bold to the mod everything should work fine.

Thanks a lot. I think you misunderstood a little bit. I want the national guard ambulance, not the large rescue ambulance ingame. Would I need to edit the LAToHospital and LABattalionChief scripts then?

Correct me if I'm wrong. The only scripts that would need changing would be LAPatrol and LASiren. I wouldn't need to change the LABattalionChief and LAToHospital because the national guard ambulance can't be called or go to the hospital.

Thanks a lot. I think you misunderstood a little bit. I want the national guard ambulance, not the large rescue ambulance ingame. Would I need to edit the LAToHospital and LABattalionChief scripts then?

Correct me if I'm wrong. The only scripts that would need changing would be LAPatrol and LASiren. I wouldn't need to change the LABattalionChief and LAToHospital because the national guard ambulance can't be called or go to the hospital.

Then need the EnterCar script. :)

There was no need to edit entercar.script for the other units. The change in the script has to do with the vehicletype of the USNG Ambulance. The only new command in the AUS is the command to deploy one of the ATF vehicles, so commands.xml is not necessary. :)

There was no need to edit entercar.script for the other units. The change in the script has to do with the vehicletype of the USNG Ambulance. The only new command in the AUS is the command to deploy one of the ATF vehicles, so commands.xml is not necessary. :)

Thanks Hoppah. I made all my changes and put the files in the right spots and everything works perfectly. Now all I need to figure out is how to spawn the tiller in a partially filled fire station while still retaining the new fire station command for the firefighters to stay in the vehicles.