ryanmiller36

My Own Dispatch Simulation

I was getting that to but press ctrl alt delete and then go to your task manager. Press the processes tag and look for dispatching and press end process and that will end that problem.

i looked at the same but i can't find something with the description Dispatcher

what is the .exe?

edit:

found the dispatcher in taskmanager

and i found 2!

that's the reason why i got the whole time 2 calls at the time

Hey guys, thanks for all the feedback and bug testing. I figured out how to fix the 2 bugs listed. including the one where the messages keep popping up.

I'm not really motivated right now though because my little dog was hit by a car this morning. ;(

Look for Beta version 2.0 this week

Aww, sorry about your dog. You can take as much time as you need to get 2.0 out.

Hey guys, thanks for all the feedback and bug testing. I figured out how to fix the 2 bugs listed. including the one where the messages keep popping up.

I'm not really motivated right now though because my little dog was hit by a car this morning. ;(

Look for Beta version 2.0 this week

Is he/she alright? Did you catch the one who has done it? btw I liked the simulator. :)

Is he/she alright? Did you catch the one who has done it? btw I liked the simulator. :)

No, she was K.O.I (killed on impact). As for the driver, of course they made no attempt to stop when she was in the road, or after they had already hit her.... If I ever find the driver, oh boy..

Back on topic, I've been trying to get my mind off the incident above me so I've been arrangine and calculating things in my head and I've figured stuff out so this will be a pretty big update.

Just downloaded your program :)

At first, this is a good start for your first steps, and you definitely should stick to programming, it can be real fun :)

Some things that seem a little strange:

-When answering a call, I get different answers, everytime I hit a button, even if it's the same call :)

-The caption of the window should be adjusted :) "Form2" is not that meaningful :)

-When I dispatch a unit, the program seems to stop working as long as the sound is played

-When I close all visible windows, the program is not terminated, I can still see it in the task manager

Try to fix those things, and keep improving your program, this is a base you can build on :)

And sorry about your dog, I have a dog, too, and if someone would hit her and I'd get him, I'd rip his ass apart, that' for sure.

Guest atsfmatt

I deleted the program thinking it would stop saying that i have a call and now when i try to reinstall it, it says that its installed somewhere else and it wont reinstall. Any help?

Just downloaded your program :)

At first, this is a good start for your first steps, and you definitely should stick to programming, it can be real fun :)

Some things that seem a little strange:

-When answering a call, I get different answers, everytime I hit a button, even if it's the same call :)

-The caption of the window should be adjusted :) "Form2" is not that meaningful :)

-When I dispatch a unit, the program seems to stop working as long as the sound is played

-When I close all visible windows, the program is not terminated, I can still see it in the task manager

Try to fix those things, and keep improving your program, this is a base you can build on :)

And sorry about your dog, I have a dog, too, and if someone would hit her and I'd get him, I'd rip his ass apart, that' for sure.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I fixed the still open bug. And yes, the program does stop working for a minute while it tones out the fire department. It has to be that way for now because if I just play all the sound files seperatly as background audio (there are more than one audio files) it just skips to the last sound. I'm going to put them all into one file evantually, but it's not a top priority as I would like to fix all the bugs and expand the file. I've already found a fix to the different answers and I'm working on them now. I have a few finished. I was also just too lazy to change the names of the forms :P It's just a beta!! :P

oh you meant "That" is terrible, That makes a big difference. I thought I had my first hater! :P

LEARN SOME GRAMMAR SKILLS! :P lol j/k

Yeah, if anything it's taught me some lessons.

A) You don't get second chances. My dog liked to run around all over the place and I heard my dad clapping his hands and calling her name. I should have went out to help him...

B)Just mainly, it's a part of life. If I can't handle the death of my dog I had for 2 years, how am I going to take the death of my mom, or my dad...

I still get teary eyes when I'm talking about it, like right now, but I'm trying to treat it as Día de los Muertos (Day of the dead in Mexico) I'm trying to be happy I had her, not be sad because she's dead. Thanks for the support guys. :)

Sorry for your dog ryan, I'm sure she's licking your face right now, only as a ghost then ;)

I agree you should think positive but you should also respect your tears, to be honest, I respect people that cry alot more than people that never show any tears.

I myself, when my dog died (Whom I was really close to), did the same as you. I never talked about it to anyone though and eventually ended up depressed, had to look for professional help. I just hope you really try to give your tears some freedom and talk about it to other people, so you won't end up like me. Actually if you do give your tears some space and talk about it, you learn how to handle sad stuff, sorry for sounding like a frcking jerk giving you stupid advice, I just don't want you to end up the same as I did.