Guest budabass

Read tons of help topics, none of them helped.

Guest budabass

I've installed the game, and whenever I start it, I get this window opening up labeled Emergency 4, then the whole screen turns black, and after a VERY long wait, I get this error message (at least It think the error message is from the game):

EMERGENCY4HELP.jpg

Reads:

(_pickup3e0): Error: Symbol RESTRICT_CANBEPICKEDUP is not defined in current scope
Abort Retry Ignore

I've read most of the help topics regarding the problem, but none of them helped. Probably because in those help topics, the move plays, and then the game crashes, but in my case, the game crashes straight after a black screen. I've read somehting about codecs, but I don't know much in that area, so I couldn't really get stuff done.

I may be wrong, but I think that the game used to run on my computer.

Please help!

logfile.txt

DxDiag.txt

Guest budabass

I sometimes get that error with some submods, all i do is press ignore and goes back to the game and everything is normal. :)

Although it might not be the same issue. But try it anyway.

BTW: Welcome to the forum, budabass.

Ok so now the situations has changed: When I try to launch the game, I just get a black screen, for about a minute or so, and then it crashes to the desktop.

No more error message.

Can anyone help? I'm addicted to this game, and this is VERY, VERY hard.

Guest budabass

I get no script error, only a crash to desktop after a black screen. I don't even get to the intro. When I click the game, all I get is a black screen, and it returns me to the desktop.

The logfile is attached.

Please help!

Budabass