Guest wingman182

Issue with mission 1

Guest wingman182

hey all, fist, thanks for such an amazing mod. lots of fun. I am having a problem with the first mission. Upon beating it, I get around 95-97% efficiency. At this point, I click continue. The screen freezes for a second, but takes me back to the mission. I can move my trucks around and such, but there is nothing for them to do. Cannot go to menu at this point nor is it possible to go to menu upon completion(the button is grayed out). Tried reinstalling both but no luck.

Also, on a side note, is the icon that the mod creates on the desktop supposed to load LA Mod right off? I am forced to go to the mod menu and wait for it to load every time I start it.

:welcome: to the forum.

I have just gone in-game and I had I look, I pressed new campaign and played and completed the first mission, I pressed on continue and it froze just like yours.

I guess it might be something to do with patch 3 were Hoppah tried to fix an error with missions.

Do you have patch 3?

The icon should take you to load up EM4 then you'll have a black screen (lasting up between 20 seconds and 5 minutes, it depends on your computer) while it loads then it should go to the game menu and the LA mod should be loaded. Well that's how it works for me.

Guest wingman182
:welcome: to the forum.

I have just gone in-game and i had i look I pressed new campaign and played and completed the first mission, I pressed on continue and it froze just like yours.

I guess it might be something to do with patch 3 were Hoppah tried to fix an error with missions.

Do you have patch 3?

The icon should take you to load up EM4 then you'll have a black screen (lasting up between 20 seconds and 5 minutes, it depends on your computer) while it loads then it should go to the game menu and the LA mod should be loaded. Well that's how it works for me.

Patch 3?? is this patch for the game or the mod? I redownloaded LA Mod 1.9 last night but is there anything else I need to get in order for this to work??

If you downloaded it last night you will have patch 3.

Patch 3 fixes the following bugs:

- Fixed issue with the chase command

- Fixed missing LA Mod missions from the mission list

- Fixed issue with the command for rapid undeployment

- Added traffic lights to four intersections on the new map

- Both fire stations spawn with full staffing now

Hoppah could of accidentally caused this problem by fixing the disappearing missions. I have only noticed the problem after patch 3 but I may be wrong. This is only a guess.

But if it's caused by patch 3 I would of thought someone would of already reported it.....

Guest wingman182
If you downloaded it last night you will have patch 3.

Hoppah could of accidentally caused this by fixing the mission problem. I have only noticed the problem after patch 3 but I may be wrong. This is only a guess.

But if it's caused by patch 3 I would of thought someone would of already reported it.....

is there anyway to roll back?? or just wait for a new one?

Instead of pressing 'Continue' you should also be able to go back to the main menu and select the second mission from the list.

'Main Menu' is greyed out, so all you can press is 'Continue' and 'Repeat'.

If you restart the game you have to do mission 1 all over again.

The only way I can get round it is to use the mission cheat.

Guest wingman182
'Main Menu' is greyed out, so all you can press is 'Continue' and 'Repeat'.

If you restart the game you have to do mission 1 all over again.

The only way I can get round it is to use the mission cheat.

ok reinstalled again and didn't start a new campaign, just played the list. If you play any mission except for mission 1, it allows you to go back to menu upon completion and shows your efficiency. But, continue is grayed out for the other missions, but I'm assuming its because the campaign has been completed.

Guest wingman182

O.k. Seems to perhaps be my computer because it doesn't look like anyone else is reporting this but I have 2 issues right now. First, the icon that LA Mod installs is supposed to load the mod itself correct? Right now, it just opens EM4 and I need to manually load the mod. Not a big deal unless I'm testing a problem then I need to open and reload each time. Second, After a week of playing, the LA missions disappear from the list and only missions 11-31 show up. Anyone else have these problems?

another thing I noticed... Doh. Can't get out of mission 2 as well, getting the feeling can't go back to main menu in in LA mod missions, but I can play the regular missions fine.

I speak way too soon... If you finish a LA Mod mission, you cannot go back to the main menu but you can repeat. Once you repeat, just go back to the main menu and load a different mission. Your efficiency will show up after that.

Please use the edit button if you have information to add to your previous post. Double posting isn't allowed on the forum. Posts merged.