Guest Duncan007

1.9 Installer not running in Windows 7

Guest Duncan007

I am trying to access the mod in windows 7 and can't get the installer to run, i have also tried compatibilty mode, is there an alternate download solution?

I am trying to access the mod in windows 7 and can't get the installer to run, i have also tried compatibilty mode, is there an alternate download solution?

:welcome:

I have found it works fine if you right click on the installer package and select "run as administrator".

Hope this helps, take care

Shane

Guest Duncan007

Unfortunatly that has not worked for me, so it looks like I'll be waiting for an alternate to be available. I've had one of the old versions of the mod, but am now on a new laptop

The installer worked just fine on Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit for me and game works fine.

Try disabling the UAC, click on Start, type in "msconfig" into the search box, click on Tools tab, look for "Change UAC Settings" and disable it. Reboot and then try installing it again. If it doesn't work, turn the UAC back on to protect yourself.

-d

The installer worked just fine on Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit for me and game works fine.

Try disabling the UAC, click on Start, type in "msconfig" into the search box, click on Tools tab, look for "Change UAC Settings" and disable it. Reboot and then try installing it again. If it doesn't work, turn the UAC back on to protect yourself.

-d

1) No need to reboot.

2)UAC is a joke. Its only catches 3/10 viruses out there, statistics say. If you have a quality Anti Virus like Nod32 with Malwarebytes as a back up, disable UAC and tont deal with it as its just one big PITA.

1) No need to reboot.

2)UAC is a joke. Its only catches 3/10 viruses out there, statistics say. If you have a quality Anti Virus like Nod32 with Malwarebytes as a back up, disable UAC and tont deal with it as its just one big PITA.

MS says that you need to reboot after disabling UAC. Go read their documentation.

-d

1) No need to reboot.

User Account Control (UAC) does not scan for virusses, it just annoys the user with warnings when you open certain file formats (like exe files) or when are about to make important changes to the settings of your system.

Hoppah said in the window 7 topic that he now has it on his laptop. So he'll be able to tell us if it works for him or not.

The installer works fine on Windows 7. I already ordered Windows 7 for my desktop pc (which is used for modding) and should get it soon. :)