FireLt640

Adding Jaws of Life to ALS Engine

Yes, I already tried to search for this....

I'm trying to find the topic about adding the Jaws to the ALS engine. I added the Jaws to the ALS units earlier, but I musta done something wrong because my FF's go running off towards the nearest other Jaws equipped unit even if there isn't one on scene. They never pull the Jaws off the ALS rig.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :23_31_4:

I'm the one who brought up the topic what you need to do is go on the mod editor go to la mod what ever version you have, wait a minute or two, go and select the als engine on the right side of the editor and go to poporties it will either be in there or a different slot.

But it won't show up on the equipment list when you select the engine but it'll be there.

I'm the one who brought up the topic what you need to do is go on the mod editor go to la mod what ever version you have, wait a minute or two, go and select the als engine on the right side of the editor and go to poporties it will either be in there or a different slot.

But it won't show up on the equipment list when you select the engine but it'll be there.

Close. In the Editor, once you've loaded your version of the LA Mod, click on the ALS Engine (7?) in the Vehicles, 02 LA Fire... etc. On the Right side of the vehicles list, click 'Edit'. Click 'Edit Traits', Whereupon a new window will appear with several choices. There's a checklist of Equipment on the Rig. Make sure you highlight/check the Jaws of Life box. Now, once you click ok, ok, ok again and again until you're back to the vehicles list, your change has been completed. Now, I would also suggest, I'm not sure if it's required or not, but, go into

"C:\Program Files\WizardWorks\911 - First Responders\Mods\Los Angeles Mod v1.9\Units\Vehicles\Fire Department" or where ever your version of the Mod is. What you NEED to focus on is, once you're in the correct Mod, go into the 'Units' Folder, then the Vehicles, and finally Fire Department. Look for '110fireengine1.' Enter that folder, right click ok unit.xml, left click edit.

Find:

<equipment>
<unit id="FIRE EXTINGUISHER" />
<unit id="FIRE HOSE" />
<unit id="CHAIN SAW" />
<unit id="AXE" />
</equipment>

paste this in that slot:

<equipment>
<unit id="JAWS OF LIFE" />
<unit id="FIRE HOSE" />
<unit id="CHAIN SAW" />
<unit id="AXE" />
</equipment>

NOTE: There are TWO areas this needs to be done.

Hope that helps :)

Close. In the Editor, once you've loaded your version of the LA Mod, click on the ALS Engine (7?) in the Vehicles, 02 LA Fire... etc. On the Right side of the vehicles list, click 'Edit'. Click 'Edit Traits', Whereupon a new window will appear with several choices. There's a checklist of Equipment on the Rig. Make sure you highlight/check the Jaws of Life box. Now, once you click ok, ok, ok again and again until you're back to the vehicles list, your change has been completed. Now, I would also suggest, I'm not sure if it's required or not, but, go into

"C:\Program Files\WizardWorks\911 - First Responders\Mods\Los Angeles Mod v1.9\Units\Vehicles\Fire Department" or where ever your version of the Mod is. What you NEED to focus on is, once you're in the correct Mod, go into the 'Units' Folder, then the Vehicles, and finally Fire Department. Look for '110fireengine1.' Enter that folder, right click ok unit.xml, left click edit.

Find:

<equipment>
<unit id="FIRE HOSE" />
<unit id="CHAIN SAW" />
<unit id="AXE" />
</equipment>

paste this in that slot:

<equipment>
<unit id="JAWS OF LIFE" />
<unit id="FIRE HOSE" />
<unit id="CHAIN SAW" />
<unit id="AXE" />
</equipment>

NOTE: There are TWO areas this needs to be done.

Hope that helps :)

Thank you, guys! Got it going.