FFighterWFD

Game runs slow

Hello all, I apologize in advance if this is a repeat issue for someone else, I did extensive searching on this issue and havent found anything,,,anyways, My pc runs 911 FR very well, as a matter of fact, its near seamless. however, in freeplay lamod v1.9 when i select a unit or officer, firefighter, etc, the game gets very slow, the units slow down, light bar seems to drag, even makes clicking somewhere for the unit to go or for an item to get difficult... and as soon as i de select the unit or click anywhere on the screen other than a unit, everything speeds up to par and the whole issue is non-observant... if anyone can shed some light on this situation, that would be great, it almost seems like the more units you select, even if its only one, the game overloads and slows down.......but i dont mean slow down as in glitchy or a video problem... just laggy sort of..

my pc specs are

3.40 ghz processor

4 gb of RAM

1024 Mb Gforce GTX285

Thanks a lot for any advice!!! :23_31_4:

I have the exact same issue as you, my game lags ever so slightly when a unit is selected. It's not enough to make the game unplayable, but it's enough to be noticeable. Our computers are almost identical (my specs are in my sig) except you have an even better video card than me, so it's definitely not a lack of computer performance on either of our parts. Several other people have mentioned this problem, and one person said he only noticed it since version 1.8. Since he mentioned that, I only recall noticing it since 1.8 also, but that's not to say it was there before. The only thing I can think of that could be causing it is that the daylight gradient for the freeplay maps was changed in 1.7 to give better color. Perhaps Hoppah could change it back to the original setting so we could test it on our computers and see if that indeed is the problem.

Guest Codename_Delta

I also have the issue, except my experience is more like billyfromhill's. It's just ever so slight lag when a unit is selected. I never noticed the issue in 1.8, but have upgraded to a new system since then.

AMD Phenom II Quad @ 3.4 GHz

4GB Mushkin DDR3

EVGA GTX 275 @ 896MB

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit

thanks to those of you that replied with help rather than freaking out about the font size which has nothing to do with the question i asked... it was not done on purpose, one person, a moderator could've said something and it wouldve been a done deal... i apologize... anyway, i noticed i never had the issue before so it may be a v1.9 issue... thanks for your input everyone!

You have a good computer so i doubt that's making it lag

Even supercomputers need to be maintained or else whey will lag eventually. Make sure you delete files you don't need anymore on a regular bases. Perform a disk clean up and defrag your hard drive once a month. Install the latest drivers for your PC etc. That all keeps your pc in tiptop shape and helps to prevent lags.

Even supercomputers need to be maintained or else whey will lag eventually. Make sure you delete files you don't need anymore on a regular bases. Perform a disk clean up and defrag your hard drive once a month. Install the latest drivers for your PC etc. That all keeps your pc in tiptop shape and helps to prevent lags.

thanks pyro, good point, i havent cleaned any files off my pc in a while... ill try cleaning it up a little bit

I have also been having the same problem. I have tried everything to fix it. I have done all the routine maintenance, even upgraded my RAM and I am still having the same problem with the LA mod. Sometimes when I play other mods I have no problems whatsoever. It only happens in freeplay, I have no problems in the missions. I hope someone can come up with a fix for this. Also, for some reason when I plug in another monitor to my laptop, the game run flawlessly on max settings.