Guest Marc435

Need help in re-skinning

Guest Marc435

I'd like to re-skin Hoppah's new chevy impala for my own private use but can't figure out which file to work with in order to make changes to the impala. For example, to change the doors on the CV slicktop, I need to work off of the regular CV car. I converted the LAPD impala.dss file into a jpeg but I don't see the top of the car, and can't seem to be able to add any striping or lettering to the rear doors. Any help would be appreciated.

a discussion and tutorial about making new models helps him how?

@Marc435: I would help you, but I can't even convert dds files right now, so sorry. I believe that it's the same model as the civil version of the car, so if you want to try, copy the dds file for the civil version of the car, make your new skin off of that, and then rename it as the LAPD impala skin file, and then place it in the right folder, not sure if that would work though.

Guest Marc435
a discussion and tutorial about making new models helps him how?

@Marc435: I would help you, but I can't even convert dds files right now, so sorry. I believe that it's the same model as the civil version of the car, so if you want to try, copy the dds file for the civil version of the car, make your new skin off of that, and then rename it as the LAPD impala skin file, and then place it in the right folder, not sure if that would work though.

Thanks buddy... I will try that and let you know how I made out.

Guest Marc435

Thanks anyway... I tried a few things so rather than frig up my game I decided to leave the impala the way it is and use it less often in game since it doesn't match my other vehicle personal skins.

If you need help converting dds files let me know. I am far from being a pro at this but wouldn't mind writing down a step-by-step process for you.

Marc435