pyrofreak

Replacing Units In Shanes Mod

The titles says it all, but I'll explain.

Hoppah release his Additional Units Submod Found HERE

and Shane has his submod out (scroll down to see his station changes)Found HERE

Anyway I want to change some units at each station around.

Fire Station

I would like to replace the old BLS ambulance with the new Large Rescue ambulance, but I have a couple issues.

1.) Is it possible to add a park command to this unit, so after a call it returns to its parking spot at the fire house.

2) If part 1 works, Where do I go in Shane's script to remove the BLS ambulance and replace it with the LR ambulance.

3) Where do I go after that to change the staffing, so the LR (Large Rescue) ambulance is staffed when the alarm sounds.

Police Station

I'd like to replace a few vehicles here.

Key: Original vehicle --> Replacement

UMPC 3 --> BP Dodge Charge

UMPC 2 --> BP Chevrolet Tahoe

UMPC 1 --> ATF CV

LAPD Swat --> NEW LAPD Swat

LAPD Swar --> NEW LAPD Swat

LAPD 6 --> CHP Chevrolet Camaro

LAPD 5 --> LAPD Chevrolet Impala

LAPD 6 --> LAPD Chevrolet Impala

Anyway, my plan is to replace the old cars, with the new ones. Then I'd like to have the old cars staffed like the old cars were (when the alarm goes off), also I'd like them to return to their designed parking place.

So, all I need to know is

Where do I need to go to change the cars around

Where do I need to go to staff the cars

AND..

Is all this possible

I do expect some errors, bugs, etc so trial and error, but I'm willing to do that part on my own.

Thanks

Fire Station

I would like to replace the old BLS ambulance with the new Large Rescue ambulance, but I have a couple issues.

1.) Is it possible to add a park command to this unit, so after a call it returns to its parking spot at the fire house.

2) If part 1 works, Where do I go in Shane's script to remove the BLS ambulance and replace it with the LR ambulance.

3) Where do I go after that to change the staffing, so the LR (Large Rescue) ambulance is staffed when the alarm sounds.

Police Station

UMPC 1 --> ATF CV

Anyway, my plan is to replace the old cars, with the new ones. Then I'd like to have the old cars staffed like the old cars were (when the alarm goes off), also I'd like them to return to their designed parking place.

AND..

Is all this possible

I do expect some errors, bugs, etc so trial and error, but I'm willing to do that part on my own.

Thanks

If you edit the link to the prototype files in the scripts you can edit what vehicle parks where. You will need to edit the Firestationstart, firestation and tofirestation scripts for that. To change staffing, that is done via firestationstart/firestation.

Same as for the police station, edit the links to the prototypes in the firestation start, and to police station scripts.

Fire Station

Police Station

UMPC 1 --> ATF CV

AND..

Is all this possible

Thanks

Hi Andrew,

Most of the changes that you wish to make are relatively easy to do ..... we can get together and I will talk you through them. The issue of the large ambulance is a bit more complicated, however, once the new version of the submod is released - I will be doing a package combining AUS and SG Submods with M1n1d0u. He would like the large ambulance parked where you have indicated, so you will get that done anyway :) . The new SWAT SUV just needs the prototypes and Model files copied over mine as theyare named in the same format. I might even add them to v1.9.3 SG before release, as I am using them also.

Hope this helps, talk soon

Shane

Sorry about my absense, I've been out of town. I'm glad to hear about the new changes you might do, and the large ambulance. Nevertheless, I plan on experimenting with the protypes. I'm not good with scripts and pryotypes but the best way to learn is from trial and error. I'll try to contact you later, and maybe we can talk about these changes vis msn or something.

Thank You.