Guest terminxor

What Modeling program do you use?

In the end we all rely on Zmodeler 2 as its one of the few modeling programs that can export to v3o(emergency format). Some people use zmod exlusivley, Hoppah for example, does all his work in zmod I believe. Others use 3ds or sketch up. Even if they use those they have to export to 3ds file and import that in zmodeler to get it to v3o. Oh and the only other app I have heard mentioned is Rhinoceros or Rhino(i forget). I suppose Maya could be mentioned but its very very expensive. Over $1,000 USD I believe, and even then it doesnt export to 3ds, or anything 3ds can import that I noticed.

in all honesty people who say even Zmodeler2 is hard then they are SOOO lazy i mean look at me; i followed Hoppah's tuts and my first models (due to some mistakes) looked horrible and werent ever finished but i kept going and now i can make models for FPS games if i wanted. and that was only what, a little over a year ago that it occurred to me how to model lol

lol i has XSI and i dont even know how to use it (i havent really looked at any tuts yet) thats why i dont like modeling programs with tons of options and crap

Not to sound rude but that is a completly false statment. People learn at diffrent speeds and have there own ways. Just cause you learned to do it easly dosent mean everyone else will. each person should work with what they feel more comfortable using.

in all honesty people who say even Zmodeler2 is hard then they are SOOO lazy i mean look at me; i followed Hoppah's tuts and my first models (due to some mistakes) looked horrible and werent ever finished but i kept going and now i can make models for FPS games if i wanted. and that was only what, a little over a year ago that it occurred to me how to model lol

lol i has XSI and i dont even know how to use it (i havent really looked at any tuts yet) thats why i dont like modeling programs with tons of options and crap

No, I followed the tutorials too, but its really to difficult for me :P if you see my models, you are laughing your ass off!

They can't be that bad. :P

Just practice and your models will get better.

you seem to know what your are talking about.

So can you tell me what is give or take the max of polygens u can use in one model.

Before it will slow down the game?

Or more important. become's to hard to rework/paste skin on to?

Zmodeler is very basic, once you learn the layout of all the commands, when I use Maya I have to use shortcut keys to do anything officialantly, but to mod quickly all I need to press other then my mouse is space bar and the ctrl keys. It was a pain going from Maya to using Zmodeler, but I actually starting to like Zmodeler and its simplisty!

Just keep practicing!

Someone once said there is a maximum amount of polys on screen EM4 can handle, so I try to keep my polys below 2,000 except for the odd special piece. Its so easy to go over the poly count though on this game!

Zmodeler is very basic, once you learn the layout of all the commands, when I use Maya I have to use shortcut keys to do anything officialantly, but to mod quickly all I need to press other then my mouse is space bar and the ctrl keys. It was a pain going from Maya to using Zmodeler, but I actually starting to like Zmodeler and its simplisty!

Just keep practicing!

Someone once said there is a maximum amount of polys on screen EM4 can handle, so I try to keep my polys below 2,000 except for the odd special piece. Its so easy to go over the poly count though on this game!

Lol when i first tried Zmodeler. i was glad i got a 50 poly count on it :lach:

but now a few hours later i already got a higher poly gen (still low) :lach:

learning is pretty simple though.

i used this realy basic tutorial i found in the inet.

http://www.etspe.ca/zmt/v1/

maby to some use for some here.(it helped me a lot)