Xplorer4x4

Tower Spawns Staff At Start

I have the tiller in station 1 and Tower in Station 2. At the start of freeplay the tower personnel spawn and run to staff the rig. However once I send the tower back to the station, the personnel exit, and every time after that I have to spawn 22 FFs manually from the control panel to staff the rig. I cant figure out why it would spawn the personnel fine at the start of the game, but never again. Lafirestationstart is attached.

Problem is my tower never staff after the initial staffing at the beginning of freeplay.

Hi Xplorer4x4,

If the crew staff at the beginning but do not restaff after that, then the problem is in the LAFirestation.script.

If they spawn correct at the start - the LAFirestation.script is ok

If they return to the station and exit the vehicle - the LAToFirestation.script is ok

The LAFirestation.script handles the respawning after the game begins - unless the problem is when using BC call command, then there may be a problem there. But you have described that when you alarm station, so I would look at LAFirestation.script.

If you don't have any luck, let me know and I will have a look at the script as well.

Take care

Shane

Ok I updated the first post with both scripts.

As far as I can see its just fine. I took another page from your mod renaming the VOs to tiller and ladder. Obviously you did it since you left Hazmat on the map and I havent but I liked the idea of having the VO name be more accurate.

Hi Xplorer4x4,

I have had a quick look at the Firestation.script and I noticed that you have staffed the Tiller and Ladder with person 8 (EMS Captain) and 3 (FF/EMT).

Have you edited the units folder xml files to show that the EMS Captain is allowed to staff the Ladder and Tiller ?

In the Firestationstart.script you have staffed with 2 x 3 (FF/EMT) which should not cause any problems.

However, in the Firestation.script you have the EMS Captain who would need to be added as an eligible unit to staff the vehicles otherwise the game will not allow it - so you either need to add the EMS Captain to the unit files or change the Firestation.script to staff with 2 x FF/EMT (which I assume was your intention).

Very simple error to make ..... believe me, I have done it many times :12:

Take care

Shane

Shane you sent me a fixed script for the ladder to spawn in station 2 a few day ago and it does the same thing it spawns them right at start up but doesnt respawn them after returning to station and this is the only change to a clean version of V1.9

Thanks Shane, but sadly thats not the problem as I expected. I had an EMS Captin staff the ladder the other day just fine with out editing the unit file. None the less I updated the change as you pointed out, and yet the tiller will staff fine, its only the tower that wont staff.
Shane you sent me a fixed script for the ladder to spawn in station 2 a few day ago and it does the same thing it spawns them right at start up but doesnt respawn them after returning to station and this is the only change to a clean version of V1.9

Hi Guys,

Sorry, my fault - will have a closer look and get back to you.

Take care

Shane

I sent the changed scripts to some one else, who has no knowledge of scripting, and he had the same problem, but it actually worked itself out after a few days. Dont see how that could happen lol but non the less it hasnt worked itself out for me.

Shane I noticed this line was missing, I tried adding that, and had no luck, keep in minx im using the same exact code as in your submod, same VO(altered the VO on the map - otherwise it would not spawn at start up)

m.PushActionWait(ACTION_NEWLIST, 1.4f);

but that doesnt fix it.

I sent the changed scripts to some one else, who has no knowledge of scripting, and he had the same problem, but it actually worked itself out after a few days. Dont see how that could happen lol but non the less it hasnt worked itself out for me.

Shane I noticed this line was missing, I tried adding that, and had no luck, keep in minx im using the same exact code as in your submod, same VO(altered the VO on the map - otherwise it would not spawn at start up)

m.PushActionWait(ACTION_NEWLIST, 1.4f);

but that doesnt fix it.

Hi Xplorer4x4,

There are no problems with the script. The problem is caused by the fact that the virtual object (VO_LADDER) is not large enough to accomodate the Aerial Ladder.

You need to use the EM4 editor to load the map and make the fs_ladder object large enough for the ladder to fit wholly within, then save the map with the change and that will solve the problem.

Take care

Shane

I will try that, but if the VO isnt big enough why does it work for lafirstation.start? :s

I am not entirely sure about that :gruebel: but I think that LAFirestationstart.script has less conditional parameters than the LAFirestation.script - so I think that the start script may not check that condition.

Just thinking out loud - I might (and probably am), just be making that up :smoke:

At the end of the day, I made that change (after remembering similar problems with v1.7) and the problem went away. It has not returned so far.

Take care

Shane