29 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the gear I listed?

• Yes
    • No
    • Too Much
    • Too Little
    • I Don't Know

LOL

This is pretty funny, i saw some good advise, it says your a soon to be member. DON'T go there with all that crap and look like a retard, just watch learn and listen and your life will be much better :).

Not trying to be offensive, just giving advise.

No offense but you call him a retard?

Per the topic, after reading this i tend to agree with what other are saying.

Is there a national age requirement to be a FF or is it on a state/city/county level?

goto the firehall and get your tools and ride the truck...if the trucks roll before you make it...then i guess your outta luck thats how it works....

Also stick around for a while even if you miss the truck, that way if they call for manpower and/or a second truck it can hit the road fast.

Drives me nuts when guys take off after the first truck leaves, so when the additional call comes in it takes another 10 minutes to staff up.

Not where I'm from We're 98% paid and 1.5% volunteer and anybody can have a radio in there POV.

Edit:I am a FF/Paramedic and this is what I keep in my POV.Radio,siren,some interior lights,medical bag,and I have a toolbox full of tools and most the time I carry a 10 ft ladder.

No offense but you call him a retard?

Per the topic, after reading this i tend to agree with what other are saying.

Is there a national age requirement to be a FF or is it on a state/city/county level?

If you read it again, you will see i never called him retarded. I said he would look like a retard.

The legal age to be a interior firefighter is 18 in the US, some departments have explorer and JR programs i think its 13 for explorers and 16 for JRS.

To stay on topic, i think you should carry a First in bag, a cell phone and yourself.

If you read it again, you will see i never called him retarded. I said he would look like a retard.

Same difference.

The legal age to be a interior firefighter is 18 in the US, some departments have explorer and JR programs i think its 13 for explorers and 16 for JRS.

To stay on topic, i think you should carry a First in bag, a cell phone and yourself.

Well I dont think we have an explorers program here but thats basically like a trainee that cant go in the fire right? Just grab tools and watch, stuff like that right? Same ofr juniors?

Same difference.

Well I dont think we have an explorers program here but thats basically like a trainee that cant go in the fire right? Just grab tools and watch, stuff like that right? Same ofr juniors?

Depends by area and department in Ohio we did ride alongs and safety demonstrations as explorers. In Pennsylvania the minimum age for certification is lower, so there was more legitimate training, and often actual duties at scene (primarily medical). In both places we would fetch tools, assist in crowd/traffic control, etc.

Not to flame to you or anything but, being a Firefighter myself you DO NOT need any of that on your truck.. and you should consult your cheif before putting Body bags on your truck.. dude, trust me bring you and maybe a lightbar if you can afford it..

your posts..

LOOK at your posts i put in my opinion******

-- You must consult like 24621472467145 people to get what you want.. You gotta ask your county rules and see how many lights you can have... and if you can have a siren, you have to be a high ranking officer to use a radio..

Can i just ask how old you are? Cause im pretty sure you will only use one thing in your post.... YOU!

Again, Not to be mean, just seems like a VERY bad idea and a VERY large waste of money.

I'm pretty sure he's like 13 or 14 anyway. He'll be one of those volunteer firefighters running Code through the whole city to go get coffee when there is no call.

All you should need at most is a radio. Not on a police band, but on a fire band, so that if they need help, you can give it to them. Though if you're in a small town, go ahead and just get a scanner/radio.

Depends by area and department in Ohio we did ride alongs and safety demonstrations as explorers. In Pennsylvania the minimum age for certification is lower, so there was more legitimate training, and often actual duties at scene (primarily medical). In both places we would fetch tools, assist in crowd/traffic control, etc.

Yeah i asked one of the guys at one of the county volly stations here and he said about the same thing as you. You go through a course(40 hour or so i think) and then test on it(written test) and so long as your competent, you pretty much work out of the rehab doing primary medical and such.