Madman

In game video help

I have EM4 Deluxe, (German version), and am having a problem with the in game dispatch videos during freeplay.

The problem is that I don't get the videos at all. All I get in the scrolling text box describing the event.

Is there a setting somewhere I need to enable or what the heck is going on?

Any help would be much appreciated.

:cheers:

I have EM4 Deluxe, (German version), and am having a problem with the in game dispatch videos during freeplay.

The problem is that I don't get the videos at all. All I get in the scrolling text box describing the event.

Is there a setting somewhere I need to enable or what the heck is going on?

Any help would be much appreciated.

:cheers:

Did you replace the German video's by the English ones you can download from our forum?

Yes, neither one show up.

I actually only had a "de" folder, but copied all contents to a new "us" one to see if that helped, but it didn't.

You should paste the english videos over the videos in the "de" folder in stead of creating a new folder. That should work if they all have the same title etc.

You should paste the english videos over the videos in the "de" folder in stead of creating a new folder. That should work if they all have the same title etc.

I did that first, no go.

Like I said, even when I play freeplay, (Normal or Deluxe mode), no videos show up for me. So before I even tried to install the new ones from here, the German ones didn't even work.

I did that first, no go.

Like I said, even when I play freeplay, (Normal or Deluxe mode), no videos show up for me. So before I even tried to install the new ones from here, the German ones didn't even work.

Can you upload your metastrings.xml file and the complete path of the folder where the videos are in?

Jackpot. When you asked for the metastrings file, I opened it to see what it contained. It was pointing to an "en" folder for everything which I did not have. Simply renaming my newly created folder to "en" made everything work.

Thanks!

On a side note however; without this folder everything in the game was in English, now its German. Can I get rid of all the contents of this folder and only keep the Supervisor folder to retain Hoppah's English contents?

On a side note however; without this folder everything in the game was in English, now its German. Can I get rid of all the contents of this folder and only keep the Supervisor folder to retain Hoppah's English contents?

I'm sorry but I don't quite get what your are saying.

So you pasted hoppahs LA MOD text files over the original german ones and the game was in english.

Now you added an 'en' folder somewhere and the game is in german again?

Something like that?

Previously, my metastrings.xml was pointing to an "en" folder - which did not exist anywhere on my machine. When I played with LA Mod, the entire game was in English. (no cutting or pasting any files, just a standard LA Mod install)

Now, I copied the entire contents of my /land/de folder to a lang/en folder and then overwrote the supervisor videos with the new ones posted. Now the game is using those german based files for some of the audio in game.

So my question was whether I could remove all the contents of my newly created /lang/en folder except the /supervisor folder and have the game work like it did previously.

I didn't have time to check it last night, but will when I get home today.