Guest XxVehrmaktSGTxX

911:FR LA mod question

Guest MGC|Uthog

Well in the Netherlands all ambulances have fire extinguishers just in case there is a small fire in the vehicle and the fire dept takes to much time to gett there.

It are small ones but they do carry them just in case.

Guest mrpolice1996
Well in the Netherlands all ambulances have fire extinguishers just in case there is a small fire in the vehicle and the fire dept takes to much time to gett there.

It are small ones but they do carry them just in case.

In the UK, some police cars and some ambulances carry them.

Guest mrpolice1996
I think just about all police cars and ambulances have to have fire extinguishers.

I know traffic cars and the new ambulances carry them, so proberly most other ones do to.

Guest mrpolice1996
I have Fire extinguingishers in the police cars so for the small fires I don't need to waste any engines, but I don't see why an ambulance would need one.

I never really use them - find them ineffevtive - but thats just me

Guest mrpolice1996
They aren't as effective as the hoses but they still work on the small fires ;)

I use hoses and thats it - i disable the water canons must of the time

Guest mrpolice1996
Why?

Because we don't have them here in the UK?

No because they are too automatic - there is no-one controlling them - if you sent a fireman on the roof it would be ok

I use them but do think there a bit unrealistic as, from what I understand, there not used that often. Most ffs I have talked to have said there mainly used in defensive situations rather then offensive, but that might vary from department and department.

We have one on top of each one of our engines, and yes we only use them in defensive situations, or when we have to just keep throwing water on a fire. They are useful because they can spray up to 500 Gallons per minute (GPM). a regular nozzle can get up to about 250 GPM and needs more men to man it because the pressure will start to push you back. All of ours can be detached from the top of the engine and used from the ground if needed. I'm sure LA city engines can all do the same since most engines have that feature.

When you use them you have to have a water source do to the fact that the engine only has 500 gallons. 500 GPM will empty your tank in a minute

Well here the inner city rigs run 500 gallon tanks but the country rigs run 750 or 1000 gallon tanks. The county rigs on the the east side of the city run 750 as theres more hydrant access, where as on the west side of the city its very rural farm lands and the nearest hydrant can be pretty far away, factor in they dont utilize a tanker truck and its easy to see why they run 1000 gal tanks.

Guest MGC|Uthog

i actually use the fire extuingishers for inside house fires as it takes much more time to put out a fire wich has started burning from the inside with hoses then to simple send down a FF with the extuingisher inside.