heyjoojoo

Dispatch procedures question...

"Rescue #"= Ambulance (used much more than "RA" is)

RA is used more by in the field units, but used quite often by dispatchers too, depending on who is at the console

(Still not sure on the Brush Patrol I've only heard it on scene or informally dispatched)

Brush patrols are referred to by their full name ex: Brush Patrol 78

One other off the top of my head Arson are "A-Units" ex: A-Unit 2 respond into the structure fire...

Oh and RAT's Rehab Air Tender.

LACoFD Units:

"Rescue #"=(I'm guessing it's an ambulance dispatch since they don't have rescues, but I could be wrong)

Way wrong lol. this is a major oops that a LOT of listeners make. When things get busy, LACoFD moves into a special type of dispatch mode, especially on the quick announcements over the TRO freq. Rescue refers to a medical aid, so for example if E8 and S8 are dispatched to a medical call at plummer park, you might just hear "Rescue.. 8's, Plummer park" and nothing else, or even just "Rescue.. 8's" But there are no apparatus known as rescues. The closest are the USAR and SWR Rescue Tenders, but they go by the USAR and SWR designators

"Quint #"= Quint

"Truck #"= Standard aerial

This is really interchangeable depending on the dispatcher's personal want. We don't have any true trucks, just quints, so for example. 125's is a Quint, but you'll still hear Truck 125, or Quint 125 on the radio depending on who it is.

Other Misc:

Might as well add

OPG = Official Police Garage Tow , city contracts with various companies in each area to provide impound and accident tows.

LAFD Slang:

"800" or "8 Run"= BLS call or unit (not used in the actual dispatch, but used in other communications)

Never heard 8 run before

Still not sure

"Risk"

What do you mean?

"Fire Watch"

When a building meets certain criteria it must have a working sprinkler and alarm system. If the system malfunctions, the occupant/building owner must post a qualified Fire Watch until the system is back on line.

"Natural"= Related to medical calls I think overdoses

Actually, just the opposite. It is what it says it is, a person who has passed away from natural causes. A good example would be a recent call I went on which was for a deceased 104yo man who passed away in his sleep. Drugs, suicide, murder, any of those things would be unnatural.

I have no issues with the types of calls, it was more the information being exchanged across main channels by the LAPD. Normally big cities I've monitored before tend to leave more graphic details of active crime scenes on private channels. Personally I'm used to that stuff, it doesn't particularly phase me, I just want to make sure I can find less descriptive dialogs to present for those who may be offended.

Since you go through the audio you have, assuming this would be legal, I think it would be awesome if you could use an app like Sony Soundforge, among many others, to cut out clips and release the dispatch parts of the chatter to actually replace the games dispatcher. Obviously this wouldnt be perfect since, for example the tower is #7, your dispatch may say Truck 10, or refer to it as the wrong Lightforce # but it would improve the mod imo.