Atomic Monkey

Proper way to handle Riots in MP

Guest matt31896

Or place officers with sheids across the roads, put barriers on the sidewalks, and make that become a perimiter so they can't get out or in. When all that's left is to break up the riotors:

Game: throw flashbangs into the crowd and arrest them all.

Soon to be from a mod: toss some tear gas and watch them scatter, but they are inclosed by SWAT and eventually give it up without everybody in custody.

At least with the LA Mod ;) !

If you want, have some water cannons but they are costly in a large scale riots.

I find that it's quickest to just do a snatch and grab. Immediately send one patrol car with 2 officers to the lead rioting civilian (w/ the sign), place him under arrest, and then put him in the car. The sooner you do this the less rioters you will have.

This isn't a Single player riot situation, this is an MP situation. There is no guy with a sign. It's a group of people who start throwing rocks and cocktails from the start.

Guest matt31896
Or place officers with sheids across the roads, put barriers on the sidewalks, and make that become a perimiter so they can't get out or in. When all that's left is to break up the riotors:

Game: throw flashbangs into the crowd and arrest them all.

Soon to be from a mod: toss some tear gas and watch them scatter, but they are inclosed by SWAT and eventually give it up without everybody in custody.

At least with the LA Mod ;) !

If you want, have some water cannons but they are costly in a large scale riots.

^^^^^

I can't help thinking that we need an alternative method of handling mass riots, I hear LAPD started using LRAD units for future riot situations, I know they have them here in New York. But That would be a suggestion, so I'll stop right there.

No matter how many times we try or what stupid tactic we come up with, we can't control riots in MP. Our Worse was today 64 people down with hazmat and half the city burning, we couldn't control it no matter how many times the other people had that stupid bob the builder "Yes we can" BS. Is there something we are missing.

I get my patrolling officers to create a perimeter by surrounding the group, facing them away from the rioters and then using the "halt civilians command". This will keep more people from entering the riot. The rioters won't attack the officers while you position them. Then I just size up the riot and call in as many swat officers as I need

I get my patrolling officers to create a perimeter by surrounding the group, facing them away from the rioters and then using the "halt civilians command". This will keep more people from entering the riot. The rioters won't attack the officers while you position them. Then I just size up the riot and call in as many swat officers as I need

That tends to be what i do.

Someone had a good idea in this thread and its possible to make it happen. Am looking into it.