edwarddl

Adding the Chevy Impala 2007 as a patrol vehicle

Actually alot of agencies have bought a limited amount of chargers and most of the Impalas are older now and being phased out in favor of the CV.

As per your request you would need to find an impala model and get it into v3o format weather that means converting a model or making your own. Then you would need to make a prototype, add lights, traits, physics and so forth.

Guest madforce
Actually alot of agencies have bought a limited amount of chargers and most of the Impalas are older now and being phased out in favor of the CV.

As per your request you would need to find an impala model and get it into v3o format weather that means converting a model or making your own. Then you would need to make a prototype, add lights, traits, physics and so forth.

It's actually the other way around here. The CV's are being phased out and replaced by Impala's, the 2007 and later that the OP is referring to int he thread title. I see more of the current Chevy Impala in our area than CVs now days from all four of the area law enforcement agencies and the only utilization we've seen of chargers have been unmarked detective units, most unlit, and a civilian model charger at that. I live a few miles from the dealership that is the sole provider for vehicle procurement currently for these agencies. You can drive past on any given day and see 30-50 units in various stages of preparation for numerous city and county agencies.

The only agency I have seen with marked and lit chargers for patrol have been highway patrol.

Just how it is here, I'd like to see an Impala myself as well, haven't seen a model out there yet.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=30.018707,+-...h-w&split=0 Image of 50 something odd Impala's waiting for equipment installation. Just have to zoom a bit...

Guest madforce
There is a 2007 Chevy Impala model in V1.9, it is a civilian model, couldn't we just use that one and add the scripts to it from the CV. Also, more agency are going to the Impala due to budget cuts especially here in Florida.

That's where I'm at, FL and see few patrol chargers. I suppose your right, that impala could be edited since the model is virtually there. i haven't stepped into unit modeling, mainly just been on the map so I'm not sure where to start, but that definitely could be a good starting spot.

That's where I'm at, FL and see few patrol chargers. I suppose your right, that impala could be edited since the model is virtually there. i haven't stepped into unit modeling, mainly just been on the map so I'm not sure where to start, but that definitely could be a good starting spot.

i live in longwood and the whole patrol fleet is chargers and a few explorers and winter springs a near by suburb uses mostly impalas and has a few newer ones also lake and orange county sheriff departments have upgraded their fleets to newer impalas

post-1522-1255193819.jpg

post-1522-1255193831.jpg

is the tint on the windows of the second Sheriff's car illegal, lol, jk.

this would be a good thing to have in the mod. hope it gets released or instructions on how.

- Jon

Actually, I am pretty sure it is legal to have your windows tinted to that level in Florida. Although many police departments (at least here in New York) still tint their windows beyond what is legal. Anyways, back on topic. I would also like to see a impala PPV in the game. Even more so, a new Chevy Caprice based off the holden statesman that was just introduced to the U.S. last week.

Actually, I am pretty sure it is legal to have your windows tinted to that level in Florida. Although many police departments (at least here in New York) still tint their windows beyond what is legal. Anyways, back on topic. I would also like to see a impala PPV in the game. Even more so, a new Chevy Caprice based off the holden statesman that was just introduced to the U.S. last week.

actually theres strict tint laws i think its like 15 or something but the tickets can get costly per window but of course law enforcement can use what they want lol but noy many cars have tinted windows anyways

That's incorrect, there are certain agencies that do have the choice of the impala but a majority of law enforcement members will purchase or drive crown victorias because of it's rear wheel drive capabilities. Your also much safer within a crown victoria than in an impala because of it's body over frame design. Front wheel drive is alot more complex for pursuit intervention techniques. Also it's a bit more expensive to get impalas although not worth it. There was a scare that the crown victoria was going to be discontinued but Ford is going to continue it's law enforcement contract & the crown victoria will still prevail further down the line. I personally would prefer to drive a crown victoria over an impala, however that is only my opinion.

How would you add the Chevy Impala as a patrol vehicle, many agencies are moving away somewhat from the CV and are going with the Chevy Impala or Charger. It would be really cool to have the Impala as a police car in this game.

Just install the Additional Units Submod it has a Modern LAPD Chevy Impala