pyrofreak

Recording a video

Alright, I load the game, and press F9 to start the recording. I only have two issues.

1.) I see the yellow numbers in the corner of the video I record

2.) It cuts off at about 8ish minutes

3.) The video is about 3.90 GB and I can't upload it to youtube

So what I want to know.

1.) How do I remove the yellow numbers from a video

2.) Is it possible to allow fraps to keep recording continues, instead of cutting it into two videos after it passes 8 minutes

3.) How do I shrink a 3.90 gb video to under 2 gb for youtube

Thanks in advance.

The yellow number is your frames per second, you can turn that off in Fraps itself. Try to use the half-size function in the video settings of Fraps, maybe you can record for a longer time then. Fraps records without compression, you are going to need a program like Windows Movie Maker to (edit and) shrink the video. You can also combine your 2 video's Movie Maker.

i say you use windows movie maker to low the size of the movie as hoppah said

and the yellow nemburs should turn red that mean that you have start recording you can change the button that you press to record

from F9 to any thing you like becous F9 make some mods crash in EM4 :1046275767_ugly:

The yellow number is your frames per second, you can turn that off in Fraps itself. Try to use the half-size function in the video settings of Fraps, maybe you can record for a longer time then. Fraps records without compression, you are going to need a program like Windows Movie Maker to (edit and) shrink the video. You can also combine your 2 video's Movie Maker.

This I know, I know that the yellow numbers are your fraps per second, and when it turns red that means it recording. I know to start recording you hit F9, and I have Windows Movie Maker. My only issues are how do you compress a video? And to combine to videos do you drag them both into the Windows Movie maker? Also, my issue with the red/yellow numbers is simple, when I replay a video I recorded I see the yellow numbers in the right hand corner. I don't believe I should be able to see these numbers when I replay the video, am I correct? Thanks in advance.

PS: Thanks you for telling me about the half size function part.

i say you use windows movie maker to low the size of the movie as hoppah said

and the yellow nemburs should turn red that mean that you have start recording you can change the button that you press to record

from F9 to any thing you like becous F9 make some mods crash in EM4 :1046275767_ugly:

You just restated what Hoppah said ...

3.90 gb is to big for youtube you need to compress and make the file smaller (lower quality)

Did you even read the original post ... check #3, and I quote "How do I shrink a 3.90 gb video to under 2 gb for youtube"

What i did in the past in run the huge AVI through AutoGK to lower the file size by compressing it with xvid. However, now you tube takes MP4 and MKV I believe, so I would run the video through handbrake and reencode it to x264 as this is a much better compression method then xvid. x264 is often used for High Def content these days, and some Standard Def quality things as well because of its improved quality over xvid.

Handbrake is free, open source, and available for windows, linux, and mac. Just google it.