Guest klong707

game crashes after intro on windows xp updated

i have a dell optiplex 260

some of its specs are

1.8ghz

32mb ATI RAGE 128 ultra card

768 of ram

i got no idea whats wrong with it it worked on my older computer with little lag

someone please help

I'm not an expert, but I have a question. Of that 32 MB in your ATI RAGE Ultra Card, how much is dedicated. Normally, I believe your suppose to have (at a minimum) 256 mb dedicated, and the 768 ram won't effect your game, but I think it'll make loading take a while (makes it slow).

Anyway, I'm not an expert, just going off past experiences.

Hope this helps.

i have a dell optiplex 260

i got no idea whats wrong with it it worked on my older computer with little lag

someone please help

Without I DXDIAG file I can't tell for sure, but I think you need to update your graphic drivers and you need to take a look in our FAQ section. In the Technical Help FAQ section there is a part about codec problems. Based on your logfile alone I think you might also have a codec problem. Try and see if you have any of the codecs mentioned in that topic installed.

Guest klong707
Without I DXDIAG file I can't tell for sure, but I think you need to update your graphic drivers and you need to take a look in our FAQ section. In the Technical Help FAQ section there is a part about codec problems. Based on your logfile alone I think you might also have a codec problem. Try and see if you have any of the codecs mentioned in that topic installed.

here is the DX DIAG File i made a a mistake its a GX240 not a 260

DxDiag.txt

Guest klong707
ok i updated my driver but now it just says dummy window on bottom and the standard send to microsoft window pops up

the dummy window was from the driver i uninstalled and it still does not work can anyone help

the dummy window was from the driver i uninstalled and it still does not work can anyone help

Did you deleted your old drivers using the software list from the configuration screen?

If not acces that list and see if part of the old drivers are still present.

i put it on first post

Graphics system: Microsoft Corporation GDI Generic

You did not install new drivers. The game is running on the standard Microsoft drivers now. So I'll ask again: are you sure you installed your new drivers correctly? Do you get a confrimation of somekind, can you find them in the software list?

any new help?

Nothing I can think of, no.

did you install drivers dated from 2009? Some people experience problems with the 2009 drivers, so if you did that you could try searching for drivers from 2008 and install them.