Guest panatedog

911 windows vista and crashing help

Guest panatedog

thanks for the reply. I don't know much about computers I am a cop and trying to get this working for my son. All I know is is shuts down in free play after about 5-10 min on he XP desk top and wanted to know if it will work on Vista laptop. Bought it from Direct2Drive.

Please tell me where to look for the information you need.

Thanks

thanks for the reply. I don't know much about computers I am a cop and trying to get this working for my son. All I know is is shuts down in free play after about 5-10 min on he XP desk top and wanted to know if it will work on Vista laptop. Bought it from Direct2Drive.

Please tell me where to look for the information you need.

Thanks

In the FAq section on this forum (click FAQ in my signature to get there), we have a technical help FAQ that explains where you can find a logfile and DXDIAG file and how you can upload those files onto the forum.

Guest panatedog
In the FAq section on this forum (click FAQ in my signature to get there), we have a technical help FAQ that explains where you can find a logfile and DXDIAG file and how you can upload those files onto the forum.

I hope this is what you need. Are you a Vol. Fire Fighter??

Thanks

DxDiag.txt

logfile.txt

Some of us are. I know some people who are in the Florida State Troopers, Local FD, FDNY, NYPD, Civil air patrol.

I'm just some average Joe who took a simple job into beta testing and smoothing out software.

You said you where using Vista right? Then how come it says XP on your DxDiag File?

Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.090206-1234)

Also you said it was an HP, BUT:

System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.				
System Model: Dell DXP051

Finally, I saw that your video drivers are WAY out of date.

Driver Date/Size: 7/9/2005

Are you sure this is your son's laptop?

Guest panatedog
Some of us are. I know some people who are in the Florida State Troopers, Local FD, FDNY, NYPD, Civil air patrol.

I'm just some average Joe who took a simple job into beta testing and smoothing out software.

You said you where using Vista right? Then how come it says XP on your DxDiag File?

Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.090206-1234)

Also you said it was an HP, BUT:

System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.				
System Model: Dell DXP051

Finally, I saw that your video drivers are WAY out of date.

Driver Date/Size: 7/9/2005

Are you sure this is your son's laptop?

OK maybe I am confusing you. I have a desk top that is a dell xp and a new HP laptop with windows Vista I have not been able to get it to work on the vista but it runs on the xp then freezes up, shuts down on free play and locks thing up

I hope this is what you need. Are you a Vol. Fire Fighter??

Thanks

That was exactly what I needed and yes I'm a volunteer FF. The secRom error means there is something wrong with the copy protection system. If you digitally downloaded the game make sure you entered the correct verification code during the installation.

Also some problems can cause 911 First Responders to start given unexplainable errors. The programs that are the most common cause of these errors are: K-Lite codec pack, Samsung PC studio, Nokia PC software, Magixx & Sony pc guide. We recommond uninstalling those programs to make sure 911 First Responders works smoothly.

Atomic monkey was correct about your desktop. You need to update it's videodrivers. You can find the newest drivers on NVIDIAs website. Try downloading drivers that date from 2008 (for some reason the drivers from 2009 cause a problem with 911 First Responders). On NVDIAs website you can also find installation instructions. It might be a good idea to check if you still have the CD with the original drivers thta came with your computer in case something goes wrong.

That was exactly what I needed and yes I'm a volunteer FF. The secRom error means there is something wrong with the copy protection system. If you digitally downloaded the game make sure you entered the correct verification code during the installation.

Also some problems can cause 911 First Responders to start given unexplainable errors. The programs that are the most common cause of these errors are: K-Lite codec pack, Samsung PC studio, Nokia PC software, Magixx & Sony pc guide. We recommond uninstalling those programs to make sure 911 First Responders works smoothly.

Atomic monkey was correct about your desktop. You need to update it's videodrivers. You can find the newest drivers on NVIDIAs website. Try downloading drivers that date from 2008 (for some reason the drivers from 2009 cause a problem with 911 First Responders). On NVDIAs website you can also find installation instructions. It might be a good idea to check if you still have the CD with the original drivers thta came with your computer in case something goes wrong.

Your semi-correct, the SecRom error has nothing to do with copy protection (with vista anyway, its another issue). 911 First Responders wasn't designed with Windows Vista in mind. In order to get 911 first responders to work you need to set the games compatibility to windows xp.

Right Click On The Game > Properties > Compatibility > Windows XP (Service Pack 2)

If that still doesn't work, then load the control panel and search for the User Account Controls (type UAC) and turn them off (you'll have to restart the computer). The user account control pops up when you change a program, it says something like "program A wants to do this, continue or cancel". The UAC interferes with the protection validation thus the game won't load. So, if you can live with the UAC off, then your game will work fine, IF your drivers are updated like everyone else has mentioned.

Hope this helps.