Guest Chride

Pressing the "Home" Key

Guest Chride

Hello there!

I have quite a serious, albeit slightly humorous, problem with my Emergency 4 (English version). Since I'd rather like to know what I'm doing, instead of jumping straight into the game and playing it trial-and-error style (especially since there isn't any manual that one could refer to for help), I start by playing the tutorial. Things go quite well, that is, until the controller asks me to press the "home"-key to zoom in on my fire units. Now, I have a Fujitsu Amilo laptop, and my "Home"-key is either shared with the numpad "7" or "Pgup"-button, and pressing them has no effect, neither does pressing them in conjunction with Shift/Alt/Ctrl etc. I've tried pressing every button on the keyboard, hoping that there is some alternate "home"-button hidden there, but alas, there is not. So, since I can't override this or jump over this part, the tutorial is thus left unplayed, and so is the game. Therefore, serious problem. :P

I therefore ask you, does anybody else have this problem? In that case, how do you solve it? Cause I'd really like to continue (or technically, start) playing Emergency. Thank you! :D

Guest Chride

Hahaa, problem solved at last: Windows Function (Fn)-key plus PgUp seemed to do the trick. How ever did I miss that? Well, anyway, I guess this thread can now be deleted, or laughed at loudly. :)