pyrofreak

Couple Questions

1.) I reinstalled the LA mod, do I have to install the patches that fix the errors in the game or are they installed alrady.

2.) When I send the LA firefighting toe truck out the game crashes, anyone have any ideas?

3.) Is it possible to add another mod. What I mean by that is; when you install the LA mod it gives you an option to switch between the LA, and the normal mod. I want to download the wood map, and give it its own mod spot. So I can switch between the LA mod, the normal game, and woods map. Without having to change the map textures in the LA mod everytime I want to change maps.

1) Yes, resinstall the exe patch. It contains the fixes from the previous bug fixes as well.

2) Upload your dxdiag and logfile.

3)Yes. I have several versions of the LA Mod installed like the LA Mod w/ Mission Patch, LA Mod w/o mission patch, LA Mod with additional Vehicles parked at Fire Stations using the Deluxe Map(this is my freeplay Mod), LA Mod Test(for testing script changes and so forth), and one version with w00ds map.

Browse to the LA Mod folder and open the .info file with notepad. It will say something like:

<e4mod>
<mod name="Los Angeles Mod v1.8 MISSION PATCH v1.8.1" author="Hoppah" comment="MISSION PATCH v1.8.1" />
</e4mod>

I would suggest putting this in there:

<e4mod>
<mod name="Los Angeles Mod v1.8 MISSION PATCH v1.8.3" author="Hoppah" comment="MISSION PATCH v1.8.3" />
</e4mod>

And rename the Los Angeles Mod v1.8 folder to Los Angeles Mod v1.8.3.

Now install the LA Mod again. Patch it again. Now install w00ds map. Now browse to the info file for the copy with w00ds map and put this in the info:

<e4mod>
<mod name="Los Angeles Mod v1.8.3 w00ds Map" author="Hoppah" comment="Los Angeles Mod v1.8.3 w00ds Map" />
</e4mod>

Now when you go to load mods you will see Los Angeles Mod v1.8 MISSION PATCH v1.8.3 and Los Angeles Mod v1.8.3 w00ds Map.

Dumb question. I've tried this all night, I open the .info file into a notebook, and edit it. Then when I go to save it it'l say cannot create (file name) make sure the path and file name are correct. Whats up there?

If you are using vista,you will have to make a copy of the folder onto your desktop,then edit the files you want,save the changes,then drag this folder back,i suggest you rename the origiinal folder,so the cahnges do not work you can revert back to this without having to re install everything