Guest Taylor

mikesphotos

While I was watching two movies on my computer I had a live feed running too. The vehicle in desert color is from the FBI (former USMC) and called a MRAP, Mine Resistant Ambush Protected. However, I turned off the live feed after more than 4 hours.

Thanks to MikesPhotos for the information about that vehicle.

Guest Taylor

Secret Service ordered LAPD to do a traffic stop, if you read the article, you'd know he threatened to blow up the White House.. not too smart. USSS has no sense of humor.. I almost got tackled when I pulled my cell phone out. I don't blame them though.

No jab.. it's the small volkswagon beetle LOL

Hey Mike... you watching the standoff or are you there? I'm watching it live on Fox.. 4 APC's there full of SWAT... I like their new APC I hear it's mine resistant..

Yep, been watching it since the original pursuit by LAPD and CHP. LAPD has both a Bearcat and a Bear Armored Rescue Vehicle on scene, FBI has their MRAP blocking the front. Also on scene are FBI Bomb Squad and LAPD Bomb Squad and Secret Service. Suspect was originally under investigation by the USSS for threats against the White House, they requested LAPD assistance in pulling over the vehicle, and the vehicle fled.

Is that a robot by the armoured truck? What's it doing? Any news articles on this yet?

EDIT: The lightbar on the suv looks really ugly. Looks alright on the vic though :P

The robot is there to provide a live video of the suspect and at one point attempted to deliver a landline phone to him to facilitate communication.

The Lightbar is actually on a UCLA PD SUV, that's not an LAPD vehicle.

While I was watching two movies on my computer I had a live feed running too. The vehicle in desert color is from the FBI (former USMC) and called a MRAP, Mine Resistant Ambush Protected. However, I turned off the live feed after more than 4 hours.

As I mentioned to Hoppah, the USMC had a program for a new Mine Resistant Ambush Protected vehicle and solicited test vehicles from numerous companies. The ones that were not selected for purchase were donated to various federal agencies such as the FBI, DEA, and others which is why they are still in tan desert colors.

i feel sorry for the person who left there blinker on because the battery is gonna die lol.

why dosent the lapd use L rads?

Because Los Angeles is a very litigious city where every use of force device must be approved through thousands of legal hurdles. LRADs are still not accepted as safe for use by municipal departments, and LAPD still doesn't equip the majority of their officers with tasers.

The feds on the other hand are more then welcome to bring theirs out but they differed early on to LAPD Metro-SWAT to handle.

Guest Taylor

If they had them available they'd use them.. that might also not be a good use for this situation.. I'm not gonna question the tactics of LAPD/FBI/USSS as I'm just some random civilian who has really no training in this field..

no that wouldnt be to the advantage of the police becasue of the lack of light( unless they have lights set up ) Plus they wouldnt stack up in those numbers for no reason but spred out to secure a perimeter around the suspect. oh and the lead has a bolistics shield. :)