Batt62

SWAT "parking"

I just wanted to see where people "park" or put there Swat or F.B.I units in the normal freeplay map for the la mod, I usually park them in the gas station.

I don't. I just call them from off map since its more realistic that way. There are 21 LAPD stations, but SWAT is out of the Metropolitan division based at the Central Facilities Building, not out of a Police Station. FBI responses come from the Federal Building in the Wilshire district which is a pretty good distance from LAPD stations as well.

I just wanted to see where people "park" or put there Swat or F.B.I units in the normal freeplay map for the la mod, I usually park them in the gas station.

I found with a bit of creative scripting, I could park them at the station for dispatch as required. Next step will be to create a script to call, I suppose.

post-754-1249301542_thumb.jpg

I have 2 "gun teams" staged one near the bank and the other one around the dealership. Here in Toronto, we have patrolling teams, called gun teams. used mainly for quick response until the rest of the equipment arrives. With the request for swat, i sent the closest gun team, then dispatch the swat trucks and command post. FBI i call off from the map.

Well for the bomb squad i just erased the markings on the lapp CV and made it look like a marked fbi CV. Then i just placed 1 on the map and put in 1 fbi agent without a tac vest and a bomb squad officer inside. works good and they are really fast.

Well for the bomb squad i just erased the markings on the lapp CV and made it look like a marked fbi CV. Then i just placed 1 on the map and put in 1 fbi agent without a tac vest and a bomb squad officer inside. works good and they are really fast.

You could always edit the speed of the bomb squad SUV. Hmm, maybe I could reskin the model with a turbo charger sitting on the bonnet ? :laugh:

ShaneGreen, that's really great, maybe you should release that as submod? :D

Thanks Luisinho,

I am not sure that changes of that scope would be considered appropriate, but I guess I could check with Hoppah.

I still have a slight change to perfect, that is to park the SWAT Command vehicle lengthways at the back. I have my SWAT teams set up so that I have 2 SWAT SUV's (modelled from the FBI) which each have 1 negotiator and 2 SWAT officers, for quick response. I then respond the SWAT command vehicle with 1 negotiator, 1 scout and 2 SWAT officers - at a big scene that means I can turn out a combined 10 man team. With a bit of creative scritping, I have modified so that my negotiators and SWAT officers can equip MP5 or PSG1 sniper rifle in addition to their service pistol. They can equip these weapons from any of the SWAT vehicles, including the SUV's and the helicopter. This way I do not need a dedicated sniper, and it makes all units more adaptable.

(It also gives me the extra range of the PSG1 sniper rifle over that of the SWAT sharpshooter).

Take care

Shane

why you don't start the game than you send vehicles to a place and set them on standby

so you can call them when you need

I'm guessing he wants to have it a little realistic to have them stationed at an actually station and not just randomly on the street. In most cases SWAT teams respond from the central station or HQ, but having them at the police station is more realistic (response-wise) then having them on the street waiting.

With a bit of creative scritping, I have modified so that my negotiators and SWAT officers can equip MP5 or PSG1 sniper rifle in addition to their service pistol. They can equip these weapons from any of the SWAT vehicles, including the SUV's and the helicopter. This way I do not need a dedicated sniper, and it makes all units more adaptable.

(It also gives me the extra range of the PSG1 sniper rifle over that of the SWAT sharpshooter).

lol... I'm so jealous of your scripting skills... =P I've gotten better, but still a beginner.

I did that with the swat officers too :D it was really cool and i dont know about you but the swat officers look alot cooler prone with the rifle then the fbi.

I think same to you.If Hoppah can I wish he can creat a S.W.A.T station or "buiding" for FBI and S.W.A.T team.Call them from HQ is more expensive than keep them in map :1046276372_bawling:

I think same to you.If Hoppah can I wish he can creat a S.W.A.T station or "buiding" for FBI and S.W.A.T team.Call them from HQ is more expensive than keep them in map :1046276372_bawling:

Agree

Hoppah can you release V1.9 with a Swat or FBI building...

Or That you add the script as seen in this thread that the bomb squad and fbi can park at the parking where the police vehiceles come out...

Guest JasonNess

I'd like to see more vehicles parkable at the station.

I also dislike the fire chiefs car not parking back in its space - it should work out to reverse into the park rather than spin in circles in front of it >_>

I generally fill up my fire stations with 2 more fire trucks and 3 ambulances, then have 2 ambulances on patrol. 2 pd bikes and 2 squad cars patrol while a police SUV with 4 cops sits at HQ. I call in a SWAT Truck and park it at the PD on standby.

Anything else I call from off the map.