Hoppah

Enabling the CHP Camero and old tow truck

There are two vehicles in the Los Angeles Mod which are disabled by default, but still exist in the mod.

You can enable them easily by doing only one thing.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How to enable the CHP Camaro:

chpcamaro.png

Go to "\Emergency 4\Mods\Los Angeles Mod v1.8\Specs\" and open freeplaybase.xml with Wordpad or Notepad.

Find the following line:

<!--  <vehicle prototype="mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/03 LA Police/camaro_chp.e4p" count="1" /> 
-->

Deleting the <!-- and --> enables the game to read that line again. Save and exit when you're done.

Do the same thing for freeplaybase_d.xml (Deluxe) and freeplaybase_mp.xml (Multiplayer) if you want.

If you want to add this vehicle to missions do this:

Go to "\Emergency 4\Mods\Los Angeles Mod v1.8\Units\Vehicles\Police\160chpcamaro\" and open unit.xml with Wordpad or Notepad.

Simply add missionnumbers between the brackets in the line which says 'missions value'

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How to enable the old tow truck:

towtruck.png

Go to "\Emergency 4\Mods\Los Angeles Mod v1.8\Specs\" and open freeplaybase.xml with Wordpad or Notepad.

Add the following line:

<vehicle prototype="mod:Prototypes/Vehicles/04 LA Tec/tow_truck.e4p" count="2" />

Do the same thing for freeplaybase_d.xml (Deluxe) and freeplaybase_mp.xml (Multiplayer) if you want.

If you want to add this vehicle to missions do this:

Go to "\Emergency 4\Mods\Los Angeles Mod v1.8\Units\Vehicles\TEC\090towtruck\" and open unit.xml with Wordpad or Notepad.

Simply add missionnumbers between the brackets in the line which says 'missions value'

Hoppah

Is the old tow truck any different?

I don't think they look alike. I think these are best details I can give.

old tow truck: black with white stripe, wider and shorter than the new one.

new tow truck: gray, not so wide (kinda slim) and longer bed.

I don't think they look alike. I think these are best details I can give.

old tow truck: black with white stripe, wider and shorter than the new one.

new tow truck: gray, not so wide (kinda slim) and longer bed.

i think the new one is better than the old one

but what is the use of having 2 tow trucks in the game ??

That's not the right one. The one from los angeles is correct but the unamerican one is not the one Hoppah is talking about. The old tow truck was from previous versions of the LA Mod. Easiest way to view the truck I guess is in the Editor. I think you can see a picture a model of it. I have no pictures and don't know how to take one in game or I would upload you a picture of it.

Purpose: Serves no purpose but if you don't like the new one, you can use old one or both of them. I use both of them but mainly old one, I like it better.

That's not the right one. The one from los angeles is correct but the unamerican one is not the one Hoppah is talking about. The old tow truck was from previous versions of the LA Mod. Easiest way to view the truck I guess is in the Editor. I think you can see a picture a model of it. I have no pictures and don't know how to take one in game or I would upload you a picture of it.

Purpose: Serves no purpose but if you don't like the new one, you can use old one or both of them. I use both of them but mainly old one, I like it better.

Oooooooohhhhhhhhhhh.....Okay! Thanks for clearing that up!

Unit images added to first post. They are disabled by default because they're unrealistic. The models aren't correct, although a small group of people like them.

Thanks Hoppah, much appreciated.

One way you can tell the difference is. The old one is a Freightliner and the new one is an International.