jsutton

Virtual Object

This is my first time messing with virtual objects. Basically, I am adding a brush truck in the parking lot of the fire station and I was wondering how much scripting do I need to do? Could I get a rough outline of what scripts I need to change and what in that script I will need to add or change. I have basic knowledge of the Fire Station scripts and what not but not full knowledge.

Thanks, Josh.

I know its only been 5 days, but can anyone help me in any way on this virtual objects. I know how to make them ( at least I think I do ) but I just need to know how I get it in scripts or even what scripts I need to edit.

Thanks, Josh.

What you wish to do requires extensive work, you would have to modify three scripts:

LAToFireStation

LAFireStation

LAFireStationStart

Depending on where you park it you have to add to the fire station script your virtual object and modify other information, your best bet is to copy an existing code string for like a fire engine as the brush truck is the same loadout people wise, and just change the number of people it takes...

Start script is to place the vehicle and initially load the vehicle, again you have to add the info for the virtual object and change the information in an existing copied script to match the brush truck...

To Fire Station is going to be the most intensive one, as I am pretty sure that's what actually allows the vehicle to return and return the men(units) that were sent out.... You will have to add the check information (again i'd copy from an existing 1-vehicle example already in the script, like the USAR and paste it and change the information).... You have to add the check to ensure the parking space is available, you have to modify some other things about it as well i'm sure but I don't know them all.

Then in the editor you have to add the commands for the scripts you have added the vehicle to:

vcmdtofirestation

I think that's it, goodluck with it, I don't know exactly where everything is in the scripts so you will have to do some hunting, but essentially I've explained as best I can how the scripts are meant to work, and what you must do... I am not a scripter so I am not the best at all this mess, but if you borrow an existing example that is comprably loaded out with people and that there is only one parking space for you should be fine.... Goodluck.

What you wish to do requires extensive work, you would have to modify three scripts:

LAToFireStation

LAFireStation

LAFireStationStart

Depending on where you park it you have to add to the fire station script your virtual object and modify other information, your best bet is to copy an existing code string for like a fire engine as the brush truck is the same loadout people wise, and just change the number of people it takes...

Start script is to place the vehicle and initially load the vehicle, again you have to add the info for the virtual object and change the information in an existing copied script to match the brush truck...

To Fire Station is going to be the most intensive one, as I am pretty sure that's what actually allows the vehicle to return and return the men(units) that were sent out.... You will have to add the check information (again i'd copy from an existing 1-vehicle example already in the script, like the USAR and paste it and change the information).... You have to add the check to ensure the parking space is available, you have to modify some other things about it as well i'm sure but I don't know them all.

Then in the editor you have to add the commands for the scripts you have added the vehicle to:

vcmdtofirestation

I think that's it, goodluck with it, I don't know exactly where everything is in the scripts so you will have to do some hunting, but essentially I've explained as best I can how the scripts are meant to work, and what you must do... I am not a scripter so I am not the best at all this mess, but if you borrow an existing example that is comprably loaded out with people and that there is only one parking space for you should be fine.... Goodluck.

Thanks, your info is good enough for me. I was just a bit curious how all this works as this is my first time working with virtual objects but I can work with the scripts. I love hunting through the scripts so I can figure that out quickly.

Lots of work ahead it looks like but I think it will be well worth it.