Guest Taylor

Way to go Dunkin Donuts!

Guest Taylor

https://www.dunkindonuts.com/

Dunkin's already done alot for our Veterans & they continue to do more.

Dunkin’ Donuts announced a special "Iced Coffee Day" event for April 21, when Dunkin’ stores throughout the country will sell small iced coffees for the reduced price of only 50 cents. Five cents from each cup sold will go to Homes for Our Troops, a national, non-profit organization that builds specially adapted homes for severely injured veterans.

Dunkin’ Donuts is also launching a nationwide call to recruit one million new volunteers to support Homes for Our Troops’ efforts. The first 200 people to sign up as volunteers will receive free Dunkin’ coffee for one month.

http://www.homesforourtroops.org/site/Page...gename=homepage

TBH, they aren't really "corporate crooks" they've done good for our veterans in the past. I'd say DD is a better of the few corporations.

No, I know, it's just that, being military myself, I hate the fact that there are very few big name coporations who actually give back to the soldiers who give their everything for our tomorrow. I mean, without getting started on war itself, which none of my friends will tlak to me about anymore :P , they're not getting the respect and support they deserve. Just my opinion

Guest Taylor

Oh I agree... I've got a friend who's in the Canadian Military.. he's Infantry and don't talk to him much anymore :\ but yeah, I've been involved in the penpal programs where you send carepackages and letters to soldiers, this time I think I'm going to do a Marine instead of a soldier.

Oh I agree... I've got a friend who's in the Canadian Military.. he's Infantry and don't talk to him much anymore :\ but yeah, I've been involved in the penpal programs where you send carepackages and letters to soldiers, this time I think I'm going to do a Marine instead of a soldier.

Yeah, the marines have it pretty rough :( And, if you don't mind my asking, where was your friend based out of?

Guest Taylor
Yeah, the marines have it pretty rough :( And, if you don't mind my asking, where was your friend based out of?

I've got no idea at all. I know he went to China for a vacation, he lives somewhere North of me and his name is Nathan. Haha. I hear Canada controls a lot of Afghanistan. Marines are being sent there with the surge for Afghanistan like 35,000 of em' and I know that just one person makes a difference with this stuff.

I've got no idea at all. I know he went to China for a vacation, he lives somewhere North of me and his name is Nathan. Haha. I hear Canada controls a lot of Afghanistan. Marines are being sent there with the surge for Afghanistan like 35,000 of em' and I know that just one person makes a difference with this stuff.

Ohh yeah brother... :P We've got over 2,500 of our service men and women there, and the Marines are coming in strong to give us a hand lol. We've lost 117 brave soldiers, airmen and sailors. It's nothing compared to the States casualties, but I attended the services for one of our soldiers about a month ago. And listening to his fiancee talk about him, and how the last words he said to her was, "This isn't good-bye. It's I'll see you soon. I love you, babe, and I'll see you soon." That was the single hardest thing I've ever had to deal with. We really need to start rallying support on both sides of this border. It sickens me when kids at school ask me why I want to fight for oil. I tell them it's not about the cause. That's the politicians problems, and the Generals problems. Its about the guys next to you, who want to cmoe home just as badly as you do.

Guest Taylor

Damn straight man. It's sad that there are just too many stories like that, but in the big picture, it is what happens in war, it's not pretty, NO ONE likes it, but sometimes it must be done. Taking it out on the soldier is shooting the messenger. I hate what happens to you all.

Guest Taylor
The level of patriotism in America amazes me, it's so awesome (I got to spend two hours at Atlanta airport with soldiers - The amount of praise and gifts they received is amazing).

That's pretty awesome. Good for them. Good cause too :)

Geese, I'm glad to hear that, my cousin (who got med discharged before doing much of anything) got back from training and everyone stood up, clapped, offered him a drink or to eat. I like hearing this.

lol which reminds me that the Army had recruiting at the high school the other day. they had a goarmy.com tent and a mobile rock climbing wall. a couple of troops recruiting several dozen high schoolers.

one of my friends yelled "The Marines are better" out the window of his bus and the army dudes got pissed at him :P (but he is right)

lol which reminds me that the Army had recruiting at the high school the other day. they had a goarmy.com tent and a mobile rock climbing wall. a couple of troops recruiting several dozen high schoolers.

one of my friends yelled "The Marines are better" out the window of his bus and the army dudes got pissed at him :P (but he is right)

Well, I mean, I can't say, I'm not American... but I do know Army beats Navy over here :D

Guest Taylor

Since I'm not enlisted, I can't be biased. I will say from a factual standpoint that the Marines are definitely tougher than Soldiers.

ahh this kind of brings back memories. I used to work at a company that called people(like telemarketing) but we raised donations for charities. It was a good cause and all but people are gona jump all over this i bet and say great for DD, but we did a 6-8 weeks campaign for American Homless Vetrans(nearly a half a million us soldiers homeless on our streets each night by the way) and people would ask how much of each donation goes to the charity as they realized we were paid to do it. We gave 57%, and people would chew us the fuck out! Yet DD gives 10% and people will probably go all out.

Btw, AHV got 57% of each donation but most of the other charities got like 10-15% usually.